• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Church security

My church is now ready for security measures during services since last Sunday's tragedy. What are some ideas that you have seen and what kind of training have you done with members of the church. I am thinking of building an AR 15 and storing it in a concealed shelf unit. Whay are your thoughts and ideas?

Call Paul Forgey for training. He specializes in private church security and is great to work with.

upload_2017-11-13_10-9-26.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-13_10-9-2.png
    upload_2017-11-13_10-9-2.png
    328.6 KB · Views: 11
My church is now ready for security measures during services since last Sunday's tragedy. What are some ideas that you have seen and what kind of training have you done with members of the church. I am thinking of building an AR 15 and storing it in a concealed shelf unit. Whay are your thoughts and ideas?

You should consider having a certified security company come out and do a security assessment of your particular building and how all of the staff works. . It’s quite an extensive project. I’ve done several of them in the past, you would really be amazed at all of the stuff that goes on at a church. I guess people think “it’s a church, who would steal from a church” but that’s the biggest issue we usually see. During the assessment, I can always get to wherever I want in the church because people are scared to stop me. It’s an eye opener.

Guys, there is much more to a security plan than having guys armed. I am former LEO and I am not bashing them at all, but having a few cops, concealed carry, at your service is not a security plan. That is only a reactive approach to a situation, not a proactive approach. There are many things that a Certified Security Consultant will point out that even cops have no idea about. Police officers are not trained in how to keep a building safe and what measures to put in place to ensure they stay safe. They are great to have once a security plan is put in place. If you truly want your church to be safe, get a security assessment done by someone who is certified to do them. Do not pay an LEO or a prior military person to do the assessment, unless they are certified. Do not look for a cookie cutter type price, as it will vary with each churchs needs, size, congregation, etc. You can PM me if you want more information.

emptyMAGS, got an issue with what I said, I am open, appreciate, to criticism and help in getting our Church fully protected.
Nope. Looks like a very detailed plan. What drew my attention was the sniper and the flash bang grenades. Hadn't thought about that.

Also have advanced first aid folks in the congregation equipped with their jump bags to spring into action once the threat is stopped to help and hit. Also there should be several appointed to dial 911 immediately. Have an escape/egress plan in place to a safe area.

I also want to applaud you for mentioning first aid. No one else had really mentioned that yet in their plans. :thumb:

Locking all the doors but one is tactically sound for additional defensive protection, but it is probably also against the law when the building is occupied. - e.g. a fire breaks out and the exits are locked...

There is a reason the fire marshal mandates a certain number of exits in certain locations for a given occupancy limit. ALL threats need to be defended against, not just an active shooter.

Back
Top Bottom