• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Church security

A bastard that will walk into The Lord's house and do lethal harm will burn without mercy forever.

Lift yourselves up to the Lord and walk in His will. What are we scared of? He is our strength!

God will bless the righteous man that comes with Colonel Colt in his pocket.

Emergency exit doors can be one-way.

True. That greatly increases your ability to defend against a threat that has shown himself OUTSIDE your sanctuary with intentions of entering and doing harm. Limit the number of ways IN. Entrance into our sanctuary is via a set of doors in the lobby which can be entered only thru 2 outside doors. Those locations are where we can eyeball people as they come in. Hopefully, their behavior is a little off, a little nervous and causes bells to go off and our spidey sense to peg. Now, if a threat gets past us and stands up in the service and starts shooting? That's a whole 'nutha ballgame. Our LEO members instruct us to close the distance, be aware of what's behind your target and do your best to end the threat. One thought presented by them is that if the SHTF people will be trying to stay low while escaping and that the threat will probably be standing tall, making it easier to hit them. Just passing on some of our thinking.....

7FA1F6A1-D02D-4A10-8F90-3AF0D915BE66.png
If you’re serious about security, buy a surplus WWII bomber ball turret and mount it on the ceiling above the pulpit.
Twin fifty-calibers.
Go big, or go home.

A bastard that will walk into The Lord's house and do lethal harm will burn without mercy forever.

Lift yourselves up to the Lord and walk in His will. What are we scared of? He is our strength!

God will bless the righteous man that comes with Colonel Colt in his pocket.
Are you talking about letting go and letting Jesus take the wheel? The shooter may or may not burn in hell forever but still... 26 people just lost their lives in Texas. The Lord may help their souls but what about their lives? Their loved ones? That answer just doesn't sit with me. I value my LIFE and my family's LIFE. All the prayers in the world won't stop a bullet but return fire can. You can fall to your knees, I'll help protect you...

Are you talking about letting go and letting Jesus take the wheel? The shooter may or may not burn in hell forever but still... 26 people just lost their lives in Texas. The Lord may help their souls but what about their lives? Their loved ones? That answer just doesn't sit with me. I value my LIFE and my family's LIFE. All the prayers in the world won't stop a bullet but return fire can. You can fall to your knees, I'll help protect you...

Re-read the last line of Mister Heavyhand Mister Heavyhand 's post.

My church is now ready for security measures during services since last Sunday's tragedy. What are some ideas that you have seen and what kind of training have you done with members of the church. I am thinking of building an AR 15 and storing it in a concealed shelf unit. Whay are your thoughts and ideas?
No way I would fire an AR in church unless it was like a 9 mm variant. With a 223 or 762 you are WAY too likely to shoot the person behind the bad guy. I would recommend a well trained pistol packing guard OR 2 near the rear. Just me and I am no expert.

Back
Top Bottom