• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cigarette long term storage.

I haven’t smoked in a long time, but I remember traveling to Central America and leaving Atlanta, I bought a duty free carton of camels. I didn’t think anything of it, but when I tried the local
cigarettes in Belize, it was terrible. Pretty sure even old stale American tobacco would still be great trade fodder world wide. Even though I am not a consumer any longer, any tobacco I have had anywhere else doesn’t come close.

Has anyone tried to store a pack of smokes in Mylar bags with O2 absorbers?

I know a pack of smokes is supposed to keep six months in factory wrapper if unopened but I’ve got them off the shelf stale Many times back when I smoked.

I quit a couple years ago but would like to try it to see if they will keep.
My main reason is to keep some for trade fodder if SHTF……I know they’ll be like freaking gold to a smoker as any addictive material will be.
Plus on a stressful SHTF situation….I ain’t gonna lie I’ll probably need one from time to time.

I’ve seen plenty videos on pipe tobacco preservation jist not much on cigarettes.

Air is the enemy to tobacco and I know the fridge and freezer is not an option in SHTF and not really recommended for cigarette storage although a lot of people do that.

If nobody has any good input I’ll probably try a couple packs and see how it works with Mylar and 02 absorbers.
Regardless if there’s no mold Im thinking not many people dying for a cigarette would complain too much about a stale smoke.
If its just for trade, mylar (vacuum sealed) and an o2 absorbers would be fine. I think in a real shtf situation a stale smoke, moldy or not, is the least of a smokers concerns. Also I agree that they would make a great currency in a real shtf situation.

You can do what I did, just buy the seeds.

I haven't gotten to planting mine yet, but looking forward to it. I don't smoke, but it seems an easy sale if shtf.

There are many verities that have high amounts of nicotine to choose from.

Has anyone tried to store a pack of smokes in Mylar bags with O2 absorbers?

I know a pack of smokes is supposed to keep six months in factory wrapper if unopened but I’ve got them off the shelf stale Many times back when I smoked.

I quit a couple years ago but would like to try it to see if they will keep.
My main reason is to keep some for trade fodder if SHTF……I know they’ll be like freaking gold to a smoker as any addictive material will be.
Plus on a stressful SHTF situation….I ain’t gonna lie I’ll probably need one from time to time.

I’ve seen plenty videos on pipe tobacco preservation jist not much on cigarettes.

Air is the enemy to tobacco and I know the fridge and freezer is not an option in SHTF and not really recommended for cigarette storage although a lot of people do that.

If nobody has any good input I’ll probably try a couple packs and see how it works with Mylar and 02 absorbers.
Regardless if there’s no mold Im thinking not many people dying for a cigarette would complain too much about a stale smoke.
Buy pipe tobacco a smoke will be a smoke ... easier and cheaper too.

Back
Top Bottom