• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

City of Atlanta, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

moose3840

Default rank <400 posts Supporter
Survivalist
132   0
Reaction score
So my daughter a college student far far away had a fender bender in Atlanta on New Years. No DUI or anything strange. She was cited for Failure to Maintain Lane. No big deal. EXCEPT, I can't just pay the ticket. She HAS to go to court. What the HECK? I am sure there are some good things to come out of Atlanta. However, in my opnion a wall where I-285 is sounds like a good idea.

Just before Christmas I got a ticket for taking a right turn at a red light where no right turns are permitted.
Thought OK I did it,so I took the ticket without being too mad,until I went to pay it...
$196.43 organized crime!

I hear ya! There's no defensive driving here in Atlanta, it's offensive driving or you will get hit or run over! If I was a betting man, I'd say both drivers cited to make money for the city. The way it works is that she will go to court, claim no-lo, and still have to pay the ticket. Atlanta is corrupt sometimes!

Last edited:
haha, do not get a ticket in Kennesaw! you will be paying for new street lights and cobblestone sidewalks! lol

So my daughter a college student far far away had a fender bender in Atlanta on New Years. No DUI or anything strange. She was cited for Failure to Maintain Lane. No big deal. EXCEPT, I can't just pay the ticket. She HAS to go to court. What the HECK? I am sure there are some good things to come out of Atlanta. However, in my opnion a wall where I-285 is sounds like a good idea.

Get ready to spend the whole day there and take extra money.
They will offer you to go to a seperate hearing to get out quicker and It costs around an extra $100 or more,I cant remember.
If you decide to stay in the main hearing,you will pay the same,if not more and be there all day.

I had to go pay a speeding ticket the same way and it wasnt even 10 mph over.

Walk in, talk to the guard at the door,watch the screen for your name and what room to go to.
It will be packed,and also you will need a credit card or exact cash to pay for parking.

Good luck,Its a *****.

city of atlanta is broke

douchebag police cited me 40 bucks for a headlight being out (it just blew out) and even after fixing it i had to pay because i could not prove it was fixed (they needed a receipt from a mechanic, like im going to pay a mechanic to install a new headlight.)

they just want your money

Get ready to spend the whole day there and take extra money.
They will offer you to go to a seperate hearing to get out quicker and It costs around an extra $100 or more,I cant remember.
If you decide to stay in the main hearing,you will pay the same,if not more and be there all day.

I had to go pay a speeding ticket the same way and it wasnt even 10 mph over.

Walk in, talk to the guard at the door,watch the screen for your name and what room to go to.
It will be packed,and also you will need a credit card or exact cash to pay for parking.

Good luck,Its a *****.
mine cost 80 to 90 bucks less than it would have, still alot

some new program that is complete garbage, just another way for them to make money

Back
Top Bottom