• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

City of Atlanta will make all landlords accept federal housing vouchers

Resident Diane Dougherty said during the Monday hearing at City Hall that the measure “will have tremendous impact on what the city will look like 10 years from now. Many in private markets discriminate against voucher holders because of their racial and class bias.”
:lol: right, it'll look like a giant section 8 cesspool.

I don't have a lot of experience with Sec 8 voucher users but my brother has some decent ones renting homes from him with them. There was a "family" down the skreet renting (only house on the block not owner occupied) using Sec 8 and they absolutely were nightmare neighbors. When they finally had a dispossessory notice filed against them and they had to leave? The contractors moved in and started tearing out the guts of the house. Those animals destroyed everything. I saw the owner standing in front looking at the pile of kitchen cabinetry and bathroom flooring and fixtures and stopped my car. Rolled the window down and asked him how much damage he reckoned they caused. He said, "About $30,000." I said, "Damn! I was kind of hoping it was around $60 - $75,000 worth." Rolled up the window and moved on down the hill.

I would never expect a Sec 8 voucher user to respect the property in which they live.

so?? most mixed living developments in town already do this; they just dint tell the residents who pay full price what they are living next door too

what; yall honestly think the housing market is so saturated that the intown living spaces max out capacity at 2200 a month lol

I don't have a lot of experience with Sec 8 voucher users but my brother has some decent ones renting homes from him with them. There was a "family" down the skreet renting (only house on the block not owner occupied) using Sec 8 and they absolutely were nightmare neighbors. When they finally had a dispossessory notice filed against them and they had to leave? The contractors moved in and started tearing out the guts of the house. Those animals destroyed everything. I saw the owner standing in front looking at the pile of kitchen cabinetry and bathroom flooring and fixtures and stopped my car. Rolled the window down and asked him how much damage he reckoned they caused. He said, "About $30,000." I said, "Damn! I was kind of hoping it was around $60 - $75,000 worth." Rolled up the window and moved on down the hill.

I would never expect a Sec 8 voucher user to respect the property in which they live.

That was a dick move, funny as hell though.

Back
Top Bottom