• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Civilian Shoots, Kills Man Attacking Deputy on FL Interstate

I know sometimes I seem like I don't care for cops,but that's not the case....I support LEO ....but I've seen a lot of bad cops and bad people too...support the BLUE you never know when that time comes when you'll need their help....SO GLAD THIS PERSON STOPPED AND HELPED AN OFFICER IN NEED....I WOULDVE DONE THE SAME THING

I know sometimes I seem like I don't care for cops,but that's not the case....I support LEO ....but I've seen a lot of bad cops and bad people too...support the BLUE you never know when that time comes when you'll need their help....SO GLAD THIS PERSON STOPPED AND HELPED AN OFFICER IN NEED....I WOULDVE DONE THE SAME THING

I may be way off base, but I get the feeling the majority of the ODT family would have stopped. Cop or civilian getting his or her but beat to death, you just can't drive by.

The comments on the blurb kill me. One poster said that the Samaritan didn't have to kill the assailant? WTH?

I come off sometimes as anti-LEO but I am not. I'm anti-douche LEO. I have family that have been cops for over 25 years, they agree. I know I'd likely get into big trouble but I would do the same thing if I saw someone pummeling a cop on the side of the road.

odt_cigar.jpg

16-3-29 (4) C OF GA CRIMINAL CODE SAYS THAT A PRIVATE CITIZEN WHO ASSIST A POLICE OFFICER AT HIS REQUEST IS PROTECTED FROM CRIMINAL LIABILITY SAME AS OFFICER! THANKS TO A GOOD CITIZEN FOR HELPING OUT AN OFFICER IN NEED!
The important part is bolded.

I do wonder though if you wouldn't get shot for your troubles. Cop's taking a beating, all of a sudden gunfire erupts; do you know that you're being rescued or under further attack? Do you have the situation awareness and self control to determine that? Stepping in to help is risky. Either way, glad it all turned out well.

Back
Top Bottom