• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CJ5 Brake HELP!!!!!

Did you check the wheel cylinders? They are real bad about rusting up and leaking when they age. Pull the rubber cups back and look inside. Might be surprised at what you fine.

In a four wheel drum brake setup, I would only use the non-metallic shoes sometimes called organic.
It really helps with the single wheel lockup and threshold braking.

I suppose you are adjusting each wheel until it scrubs.

Are the brakes on all four wheels working ?

Have you driven it in dirt and nailed the brakes to see if all four lock up at nearby the same time ?

Most of the pedal feel comes from the shoe adjustment

If the shoes are not adjusted right on any one of the wheels all of your pedal feel will go to that wheel

If it’s a rig you drive much I would just replace all the lines and wheel cylinders

And consider a disc swap for the front

Oooouuuu, the magic air theory!!

worked on my 98 silverado and other old trucks ive driven
after doing wheel cylinders and master i couldnt quite get
all the air out but after driving it for a week or 2 it firmed
up

an old mechanic told me to try it years ago and its always
worked for me

try it or dont makes no dif to me

worked on my 98 silverado and other old trucks ive driven
after doing wheel cylinders and master i couldnt quite get
all the air out but after driving it for a week or 2 it firmed
up

an old mechanic told me to try it years ago and its always
worked for me

try it or dont makes no dif to me

I'll settle for just fixing the problem ....not relying on voodoo or hocus pocus mystery air purging to take place. What happens when during your period of driving it for a week or two spongy turns into straight to the floor?? HMMMM.....hell just pump em on up and drive it some more....it'll work itself out......

I'll settle for just fixing the problem ....not relying on voodoo or hocus pocus mystery air purging to take place. What happens when during your period of driving it for a week or two spongy turns into straight to the floor?? HMMMM.....hell just pump em on up and drive it some more....it'll work itself out......

that doesnt happen.

Reactions: MRM
Back
Top Bottom