• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Claiming abandoned kayak?

dr9

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
1   0
Reaction score
No registration numbers on it, not that I'd expect to find registration on a kayak.. It's chained up on HOA lake property. Hasn't moved in over a year, probly more like two years. Obviously owned by a former member. Word put out on HOA facebook looking for owner. How long until we can claim this as our own property? The HOA has no particular bylaws about abandoned property. My simple mind says it's ours. But my mind is simple and I bet this is more complicated.

When I was in school, there was an abandoned bike with a rusted solid chain, no seat or post, bent rims with flat tires and a missing pedal. Parked my bike next to it for over a year. Finally cut it free one day with my angle grinder and made all the repairs. Old owner reported it stolen and stopped by with campus security and reclaimed his fully repaired bike. Smooth move.

How long?

As long as it takes to show up with some bolt cutters.

As you mention, it's not registered, ;probably doesn't have a serial number.

Ask the reverse question, it the former owner shows up, how is he going to prove that it his?

No registration numbers on it, not that I'd expect to find registration on a kayak.. It's chained up on HOA lake property. Hasn't moved in over a year, probly more like two years. Obviously owned by a former member. Word put out on HOA facebook looking for owner. How long until we can claim this as our own property? The HOA has no particular bylaws about abandoned property. My simple mind says it's ours. But my mind is simple and I bet this is more complicated.
after 30 days its yours. if they don't come get it. a woman left her car in my driveway for a few months. later on it had to be moved, so i called the junkyard to come get it. they gave me some money for it, she came back after about 4 months and said wheres my car, i said the landlord had it towed, call the junkyard LOL you just tell them, that I said you could have it.

Back
Top Bottom