• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Classic Cars converted to run on batteries...what do you think?

Classic Cars converted to run on batteries....?

• Against the idea - old cars should always have old engines

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Some gas engine updates are okay - nothin' wrong with a 5.0 in a '66 Mustang!

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • Depends on the car...don't care about Monzas, but don't touch my Pontiac Super Duty

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Go for it! Electrify anything : AMC, Duesenberg, Galaxie, Tri-five or '63 Vette 427!

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Who cares as long as it takes me to the taco shop on BOGO Tuesday

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have owned a few classics cars & trucks over the the years and have one now. To me the sound of the old engine is part of the appeal of an old vehicle. I don't like the idea of changing any over, but at the same time it's the owner's car and they can if they choose to do so. I've read that some car clubs are saying, if you convert them - then you won't be accepted in our club.

So I was curious as to what people here think. Is it okay for any old car to be changed over or just some that are plentiful or not valuable? Does it really matter if a Chevette is converted to electric power? What about a V12 Packard, 454 Chevelle with cowl induction, Hemi 'Cuda or 427 Shelby Cobra?

Definately takes away from the classic appeal and realization of what made the original car.

While I use to think battery technology was ludicrous for taking over a gas powered engine, it turns out I was wrong and see battery cars as not only the obvious wave of the future, but the better option and one that will be far superior.

I had a buddy up in KY who had an absolutely stock 1938 Pontiac sedan. I loved hearing the original motor, nothing impressive, just think of old Humphrey Bogart movies and the cars in them. Had a STEEL body like a tank, and the back seat was like sitting on a nice sofa, very comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom