• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Classic Cars converted to run on batteries...what do you think?

Classic Cars converted to run on batteries....?

• Against the idea - old cars should always have old engines

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Some gas engine updates are okay - nothin' wrong with a 5.0 in a '66 Mustang!

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • Depends on the car...don't care about Monzas, but don't touch my Pontiac Super Duty

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Go for it! Electrify anything : AMC, Duesenberg, Galaxie, Tri-five or '63 Vette 427!

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Who cares as long as it takes me to the taco shop on BOGO Tuesday

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Define Classic. If you are talking about something that has value because of what it is in rarity, then not no but hell no.

Interesting note. One of my side hustles used to be buying old car batteries. One of my customers had 20 deep cycle 12 volt batteries that all matched in age and brand. After talking with the nice and well dressed gentleman who was selling them, he told me he belonged to a car club that just did converted cars. Apparently most of them were engineers and machinists who were able to retro fit electric forklift engines into older cars and have everything work just as it came from the factory. Interesting thought. He would say what it cost, but he did say it was a labor of love that wouldn't be possible without the tools of their trade.

200.gif

Back
Top Bottom