Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunanddoglover

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Dog Father
315   0
Reaction score
Gwinnett, trailer park of the Milky Way Galaxy
I don't know how good these are, but a AK47 for $499.00 ain't bad.
Hungarian AMD 63 AK-47 Type 7.62x39 Semi-Auto Hi-Cap Rifle w/ Phoenix Technology Stock
Specs:
Original Hungarian ( Heavy Wall ) Stamped Receiver marked FEG
New U.S. 16.5" Barrel (4140 chrome moly)AMD Style Muzzle Brake
Tapco G2 3 Piece Trigger Group
New 30rd Tapco U.S. Magazine
Accepts hi-capacity magazines and drums
Phoenix Technologies Black Polymer StockMatching numbers on all major parts
7.2 lbs.7.62x39 caliber

https://www.classicfirearms.com/amd...0=&utm_source=Opened+at+least+once+in+60+days

I was less than thrilled with the AMD-65 version. The front trunnion on mine is badly canted. I should have saved up another $100 and gotten an N-PAP. You might get lucky and get one that's straight though.

QUOTE="triplestack3, post: 6737598, member: 64294"]I was less than thrilled with the AMD-65 version. The front trunnion on mine is badly canted. I should have saved up another $100 and gotten an N-PAP. You might get lucky and get one that's straight though.[/QUOTE]
I'm not getting one. Just thought I would put this deal out for other members. Maybe this is a sign that AK prices are going to come down.

QUOTE="triplestack3, post: 6737598, member: 64294"]I was less than thrilled with the AMD-65 version. The front trunnion on mine is badly canted. I should have saved up another $100 and gotten an N-PAP. You might get lucky and get one that's straight though.
I'm not getting one. Just thought I would put this deal out for other members. Maybe this is a sign that AK prices are going to come down.[/QUOTE]
I certainly hope you're right. I've heard and read from some guys that they love their AMD rifles. But I think they were referring to older models made/imported by FEG. I've had two FEG Hi Power pistols that were great. But I have zero other experience with them.
My only issues with the AMD series was they're so damn ugly. Especially the ones with the thin wire crutch looking side folder.

I'm not getting one. Just thought I would put this deal out for other members. Maybe this is a sign that AK prices are going to come down.
I certainly hope you're right. I've heard and read from some guys that they love their AMD rifles. But I think they were referring to older models made/imported by FEG. I've had two FEG Hi Power pistols that were great. But I have zero other experience with them.
My only issues with the AMD series was they're so damn ugly. Especially the ones with the thin wire crutch looking side folder.[/QUOTE]

I have a Mak and a Saiga and to me they are Da bomb. I wouldn't mind getting a bulgy in time. Lots of choices for quality AK's just not lots of $$$.

Don't get me wrong here, I am not trying to threadcrap or anything. My personal thoughts when mine showed up was immediate regret and I'd hate for anyone else to have that experience.
Hopefully the AK market comes back down to earth, but I don't think this is the signal we've been waiting for.

Don't get me wrong here, I am not trying to threadcrap or anything. My personal thoughts when mine showed up was immediate regret and I'd hate for anyone else to have that experience.
Hopefully the AK market comes back down to earth, but I don't think this is the signal we've been waiting for.

I'm sorry you had to experience that. Disappointing gun purchases are the worst. Hopefully, others here will learn from your experience.

Quality AKs are labor intensive and require skill and experience. This is why the lower priceed ones have such high QC issues in comparison to their properly assembled cousins.

People keep wanting "cheap" AKs but there never will be a market of cheap aks that are consistently good. Too much labor is involved to make them correctly to sell for the prices people want. Buyers should understand that when you buy a "cheap" ak, they are taking a big gamble, on parts and construction.

I'm sorry you had to experience that. Disappointing gun purchases are the worst. Hopefully, others here will learn from your experience.

Quality AKs are labor intensive and require skill and experience. This is why the lower priceed ones have such high QC issues in comparison to their properly assembled cousins.

People keep wanting "cheap" AKs but there never will be a market of cheap aks that are consistently good. Too much labor is involved to make them correctly to sell for the prices people want. Buyers should understand that when you buy a "cheap" ak, they are taking a big gamble, on parts and construction.
Ok school me a bit. I though the AK platform was cheap, easy to produce and reliable. That's why it's one of, if not the most copied military rifles on the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom