• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Classic Lee Precision Loader and Loadall 2, anyone got any reviews?

The Bandit

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
112   0
Reaction score
So these are the little hand loaders from lee. A bunch of parts you use to do one round at a time with no press. Im interested in getting a couple in my harder to get ahold of calibers as I dont have a bench due to space restrictions so I cannot set up a press. It looks perfect as I can do 44 mag or something just one round at a time, focus on the steps and have a more in depth feel on how everything goes, but not have to have a dedicated area really to do it. Was also curious about the shotgun press called the Loadall 2. I do have a place where I could theortically mount it and crank out shells all day every now and then but want to know what you all think as well. Eventually Id love to set up my RCBS single stage stuff (and one day a Dillon)and one day a MEC set up for shotshells but its going to be awhile before I have space for a "bench" for all my stuff and I want to be atleast learning and doing now. Thanks for any info and the images are just stock images of the items im talking about.
t-3615.jpg
t-5324.jpg

I have one in .223. I picked it up for a "SHTF" Bug Out situation and realized it was no better to have in my bag then the rounds themselves because I would have to carry powder and projectile as well, lol. That being said they are pretty cool. I had fun loading with it and if your just getting started they are fun. It will defiantly help you save on space and teach you the true fundamentals of reloading. It will also help you appreciate fine equipment!

I have one in .223. I picked it up for a "SHTF" Bug Out situation and realized it was no better to have in my bag then the rounds themselves because I would have to carry powder and projectile as well, lol. That being said they are pretty cool. I had fun loading with it and if your just getting started they are fun. It will defiantly help you save on space and teach you the true fundamentals of reloading. It will also help you appreciate fine equipment!

i appreciate the response. this is what i was initally looking at them for in the future but came to the same conclusion lol. i have brass, primers, bullets, manuals, just need a scale and then dies/press accessories but not enough space for them to be mounted. i know i wouldnt be "cranking" them out but if i do 10 a night, thats 10 more than i had before. i cant find 44 mag target for the life of me at a decent price.

Yup Reloading is the way to go on .44 mag and spec. I reload them and even take it a step future but casting my own .44 bullets! That's when you start saving big money!

Long-term, You will not be happy with the "entry level" Lee Loader ... This is the voice of experience speaking!

You will be better off figuring out a way to "find" space for a fold-down bench to attach a press onto.
This in conjunction with a Lee Bench Plate https://fsreloading.com/catalogs/lee-precision/lee-bench-plate.html

Either that or find a nearby friend that re-loads, buy the dies and components and use their set-up until you can
find the space!

Back
Top Bottom