• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

“Back To The Future” BACK IN THEATERS!!!!

Dang! I would've been BEYOND pissed!

I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan. Have been ever since I was a kid.

I was born in 1976 so the only one I originally got to see in the theater was Return Of The Jedi in 1983.

I had to wait until 1997 when they released the special additions to see A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back (my favorite) on the big screen.

I was hoping that somebody would be playing A New Hope a few weeks back when it hit it's 40th anniversary, but no luck. I really want my daughter get to see the original trilogy in a theater.

There is NOTHING like hearing that music and watching that opening crawl go up on the big screen.
Oh I know it! I get chills every time. I was VERY tempted to try and experience the starwars marathon when episode 7 came out but due to work constraints it just didn't pan out :/

I've got a daughter on the way and I'm looking forward to introducing her to the world of starwars which I hold dear.

I'm betting a neat venture for theaters would be to rent out a single room for people to choose a movie they want to watch on the big screen.

Oh I know it! I get chills every time. I was VERY tempted to try and experience the starwars marathon when episode 7 came out but due to work constraints it just didn't pan out :/

I've got a daughter on the way and I'm looking forward to introducing her to the world of starwars which I hold dear.

I'm betting a neat venture for theaters would be to rent out a single room for people to choose a movie they want to watch on the big screen.
Dang! I just googled the Star Wars marathon. I never heard anything about it when it was going on. I hate I missed it!

I probably would've skipped 1 and 2. I MIGHT have watched 3.

I would've DEFINITELY been there for 4, 5 and 6!

My sister told me about this awhile back. Certain theaters in Georgia are doing something called Flashback Cinema on Wednesdays and Sundays where they bring old movies back to the big screen!

Her, @GlockGirl and "Miss BangBang" went and saw Dirty Dancing awhile back. I skipped that one (man card still intact) but you better believe I'll be there for RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK!

I am SSSOOOOO hoping they'll show the original Star Wars trilogy at some point. My daughter has never seen it on the big screen.

Here's a link to the list of movies and dates. They update the site every once in awhile with a new list of the upcoming classic movies, so be sure to keep an eye on it. I added a list of participating theaters below.

http://www.flashbackcinema.net/schedule/

View attachment 1207810

Here's a list of theaters here in Georgia that are doing Flashback Cinema....

View attachment 1213160
Very cool, thanks for sharing!

Very cool, thanks for sharing!
Absolutely brother!

I'm trying to get the word out so more people will go and hopefully the theaters will keep showing these old movies.

They really need to do some advertising. When we went to see Raiders, they didn't have anything about it on the billboard out front where they list all the movies.

They're missing out on a ton of potential customer because nobody knows about this.

Absolutely brother!

I'm trying to get the word out so more people will go and hopefully the theaters will keep showing these old movies.

They really need to do some advertising. When we went to see Raiders, they didn't have anything about it on the billboard out front where they list all the movies.

They're missing out on a ton of potential customer because nobody knows about this.
Yeah they are. @vrndsky and I went to see Taxi driver at AMC Gwinnett place mall and were the only ones in the theater. Forgot how I stumbled across the move, but it wasnt on any marquee either.

Yeah they are. @vrndsky and I went to see Taxi driver at AMC Gwinnett place mall and were the only ones in the theater. Forgot how I stumbled across the move, but it wasnt on any marquee either.
Yeah, it's crazy. I mean, they don't have to put up posters and all that stuff, but if they would AT LEAST put it on the marquee, they would probably pack the place!

I went to the one in Pooler a few weeks ago and they showed the upcoming flashback ones when they did the movie trailers. I also noticed it's posted online when you go to look up movie times. I'm glad to see that offered.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I went to the one in Pooler a few weeks ago and they showed the upcoming flashback ones when they did the movie trailers. I also noticed it's posted online when you go to look up movie times. I'm glad to see that offered.
Yep!

Here are the upcoming movies and dates....

IMG_0474.PNG
IMG_0475.PNG
IMG_0476.PNG

Back
Top Bottom