• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cleaning a surpressor

Get a wooden dowel and a 10 gauge brass cleaning brush. Use the dowel to push/knock the baffle stack out. Use the 10 ga brush to clean the inside of the can of big stuff. 22lr is very nasty and cleaning depends some of ammo and if it is pistol or rifle you are using. The baffles don't have to be completely clean; but knock off the carbon and get all the lead off. ARC22 has aluminum baffles, so you can't dip them. You can also get some FireClean and coat everything inside good and that will help some.

Theres something a few members like to use, either Fireclean or bore butter, something, can't remember which but its suppose to make cleaning a lot easier. It coats the baffles

PS: Thats one of the reasons I went with the Silencerco Sparrow. They have clamshells around the monocore that helps prevent the guts from seizing to the tube.

Get a wooden dowel and a 10 gauge brass cleaning brush. Use the dowel to push/knock the baffle stack out. Use the 10 ga brush to clean the inside of the can of big stuff. 22lr is very nasty and cleaning depends some of ammo and if it is pistol or rifle you are using. The baffles don't have to be completely clean; but knock off the carbon and get all the lead off. ARC22 has aluminum baffles, so you can't dip them. You can also get some FireClean and coat everything inside good and that will help some.

Thanks. I only have a pistol host right now. Its an older GSG 1911 .22 I got from a trader on here. It think it has about a million miles on it but is reliable - even with the can. Thanks again.

I could be wrong but I think Nonliberal Nonliberal posted that it's ok to tumble his aluminum baffles.

:behindsofa:
Nope, he said you're not supposed to but he does it pretty regularly and has never had any problems. I've never had any come back messed up from tumbling either. So, I'm not saying that they are warranted for tumbling but the only reason I don't is because everybody else says it's bad. I also won't say it's covered under warranty and then I'll tell you that I've never seen anything come in that I didn't go ahead and warranty.

So, take that however you want to.

Nope, he said you're not supposed to but he does it pretty regularly and has never had any problems. I've never had any come back messed up from tumbling either. So, I'm not saying that they are warranted for tumbling but the only reason I don't is because everybody else says it's bad. I also won't say it's covered under warranty and then I'll tell you that I've never seen anything come in that I didn't go ahead and warranty.

So, take that however you want to.

:suspicious:

A light coat of grease on everything, including the tube, makes cleaning that can much easier. Also helps with the horrendous FRP they have.

I tried Fireclean on ARC22AL. Applied it before shooting for the first time. Did not do a thing. Nada. I've had buffers soaking in Kroil for month, I still had to scrape the carbon out. I am trying Bore Butter in GA Optimus, and, so far, so good.

I have an SWR specwar 7.62 that I've had for years now . Never cleaned it . The only thing I do is clean the muzzle attachment and lightly brush the blast chamber . Never a single issue or change in weight or performance.

I've fired everything from .308,5.56 , and 7.62x39.

Now with pistol suppressors I clean the baffles (all stainless ) with a cheap rock tumbler , stainless steel pins , soap and water . After two hours the baffles are spotless. It's the best way to go

Back
Top Bottom