• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cleaning a Tirant 9

calebp

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
i know you can't do the dip cause of the baffles but this thing is dirty AF. Can you use break free or soak in hoppes or what? Been lazy for way to long and need to give it a good cleaning.

Soak it in acetone, paint thinner, or Birchwood Casey Synthetic Gun Scrubber, and scrub the baffles with brush. Use a 12 ga bristle in a cordless drill to clean out the tube if necessary. After it's clean apply a coat of Bore Butter on the baffles and tube. Then just wipe it and reapply periodically, and it won't be as hard to clean the next time.

And get the sizes of the O rings for the can and pistons off the AAC website, and buy the packets from McMaste/Carr or Amazon because you'll need to replace them every so often.

Soak it in acetone, paint thinner, or Birchwood Casey Synthetic Gun Scrubber, and scrub the baffles with brush. Use a 12 ga bristle in a cordless drill to clean out the tube if necessary. After it's clean apply a coat of Bore Butter on the baffles and tube. Then just wipe it and reapply periodically, and it won't be as hard to clean the next time.

And get the sizes of the O rings for the can and pistons off the AAC website, and buy the packets from McMaste/Carr or Amazon because you'll need to replace them every so often.

Good looking out thank you

Perfect, thanks

Center fire pistol cans shouldn't/don't get that dirty. I've got a TiRant45 and I just give the baffles a rub down with a polishing cloth and then wipe FireClean on everything and put back together. You really should only see some carbon on the first couple of baffles unless you are shooting 22lr in your can.

Center fire pistol cans shouldn't/don't get that dirty. I've got a TiRant45 and I just give the baffles a rub down with a polishing cloth and then wipe FireClean on everything and put back together. You really should only see some carbon on the first couple of baffles unless you are shooting 22lr in your can.

good to know in case I end up with a Tirant 45

Back
Top Bottom