• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cleaning Rod Question

Ibornagain

Default rank <200 posts Supporter
Tracker
11   1
Reaction score
I have what looks like 2 different style cleaning rods. Would these be gun specific? These were in a box of my dad's stuff. The top one looks to be kinds OD green in color. Thanks for your help?

Attachments

• 20220705_104009.jpg
    20220705_104009.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 55
The top set looks like a standard USGI sectional rod set. Oftentimes parkerized parts can appear to have a green cast to them.

I have different ones for different things. If it works, stays together while you're using it and doesn't damage anything then by all means use it

FWIW, I don’t use those sectional cleaning rods for cleaning rifles. There are almost always “edges” where the sections come together, and I don’t want to scrape those up and down my barrel.
Same. The only exception that I have found are Swiss cleaning kits. Each rod section has a brass guide built into it. And many of the surplus kits still had almost full tubes of the magic Waffenfett.

FWIW, I don’t use those sectional cleaning rods for cleaning rifles. There are almost always “edges” where the sections come together, and I don’t want to scrape those up and down my barrel.
I’ve accumulated several one-piece carbon fiber cleaning rods. I think they’re worth it.

Same. The only exception that I have found are Swiss cleaning kits. Each rod section has a brass guide built into it. And many of the surplus kits still had almost full tubes of the magic Waffenfett.

Nice! I hadn't seen those before.

Back
Top Bottom