• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cleaning suppressors baffles made easy!

I'm on board. I picked this one up awhile back. Haven't got around to using it yet but it's here when I need it.

20161006_204357.jpg

On a side note. I've been thinking about spraying baffles with fluid film and seeing how well it works with the carbon. Stuffs been around for years and truly sticks to what ever you apply it to.

I've got the HF large ultrasonic cleaner if you'd like to borrow it and run some trials with it. I tried cleaning my baffles a few times but never had what I would call great success. I've heard that the type of solvent makes or breaks the cleaning ability though.
I'm planning on running my octane on my full auto Uzi with nasty Tula just to see how well it really works. So far so good as my spectre 2 was really dirty. Might take you up on that though! Thanks

I'm on board. I picked this one up awhile back. Haven't got around to using it yet but it's here when I need it.

View attachment 924996

On a side note. I've been thinking about spraying baffles with fluid film and seeing how well it works with the carbon. Stuffs been around for years and truly sticks to what ever you apply it to.
I coat my baffles with fireclean. Works well. Helps with my aluminum silencers as they won't fit in my tumbler. I'll be buying a monster machine like you have soon

I coat my baffles with fireclean. Works well. Helps with my aluminum silencers as they won't fit in my tumbler. I'll be buying a monster machine like you have soon

I have several of my cans baffles coated in fire clean now but I also have a spray can of fluid film and I'm pretty impressed on how the stuff sticks to metal and don't run off. I've got it sprayed on various metal objects laying around the shop that I don't want to flash rust. Guess I'll just have to be the guinea pig and try it out. I've got a kestrel 556 can for my kink that would make a perfect candidate.

http://www.fluid-film.com/products/

Nice, but it's still so dang easy to drop them in a glass jar with 50 cents of solvent and let them sit for a day. Quick wipe, presto.

Nice, but it's still so dang easy to drop them in a glass jar with 50 cents of solvent and let them sit for a day. Quick wipe, presto.
This method is faster IMO and cheaper. No solvent to buy and the pins last a long time . I ran my full auto Uzi with crap Tula today along with some subs.

Here they are dirty:
IMG_3171.JPG

After 3 hours here they are clean:
IMG_3175.JPG

Back
Top Bottom