• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cleaning suppressors baffles made easy!

thank you for the Fireclean idea, it makes it so easy to clean the baffles after 5-600 rounds. I can almost take the gunk off with the bare fingers. I got the Element 2 btw.

How often round wise do you guy's clean your 22 cans?
I clean my Sparrow every 1,000 rounds or so. I always put a light coat of high temp wheel bearing grease on the outside of the clamshell halves after cleaning so they slide back out of the tube fairly easily the next time even after a whole brick of .22LR

I messed around one time and let it go over 2,000 rounds between cleanings and that was a big mistake.

I had to use channel locks to get the cap off and had to beat the monocore out with a dowel rod and hammer.

NEVER AGAIN!

I clean my Sparrow every 1,000 rounds or so. I always put a light coat of high temp wheel bearing grease on the outside of the clamshell halves after cleaning so they slide back out of the tube fairly easily the next time even after a whole brick of .22LR

I messed around one time and let it go over 2,000 rounds between cleanings and that was a big mistake.

I had to use channel locks to get the cap off and had to beat the monocore out with a dowel rod and hammer.

NEVER AGAIN!

My sparrow won't break loose now with less than 200 rounds.

My sparrow won't break loose now with less than 200 rounds.
Wow, that’s crazy!

When I first got mine I used to clean it every 500 rounds. It would come apart with no effort at all and really wasn’t all that dirty inside. That was why I started letting it go 1,000 rounds between cleanings.

I’ve run tons of Federal bulk pack, Federal Automatch, CCI Standard and Aguila Standard through it. All with pretty much the same results as far as how dirty it got.

What brand of ammo did you run through yours when it locked up?

Wow, that’s crazy!

When I first got mine I used to clean it every 500 rounds. It would come apart with no effort at all and really wasn’t all that dirty inside. That was why I started letting it go 1,000 rounds between cleanings.

I’ve run tons of Federal bulk pack, Federal Automatch, CCI Standard and Aguila Standard through it. All with pretty much the same results as far as how dirty it got.

What brand of ammo did you run through yours when it locked up?

Mainly cci and federal.

When my cap was stuck I wrapped electrical tape around the jaws of some channel locks to keep it from scuffing up the cap and then I had a buddy hold the tube while I twisted the cap off with the channel locks.

It took some elbow grease and the jaws did cut through the tape and scuff my cap up a little bit, but I did get it to break loose and come off.

Back
Top Bottom