• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cleaning with Stainless pins in a vibratory tumbler??

I would like to jump in on this conversation. I just bought a two barrell tumbler from Harbor Freight, and wondering how to use it. Have used a vibratory for 40 years. Is water, dawn and lemmie shine all I need to put in? Wallacem in Ga

I would like to jump in on this conversation. I just bought a two barrell tumbler from Harbor Freight, and wondering how to use it. Have used a vibratory for 40 years. Is water, dawn and lemmie shine all I need to put in? Wallacem in Ga

Yes. Let it run at least 3-4 hours and they come out like jewelry. After they’re done, I sift the brass through a plastic pasta strainer which catches the brass and let the pins fall through to a catch container. Then I put the brass in ammo trays (from used ammo boxes) or just spread them on a towel and let them bake under the hot GA sun for a few hours. Good as new.

HUMMMM, water in a vibrating tumbler, stainless pins, run by electricity, and most vibrating tumblers usually state somewhere
DO USE WATER in this unit. Could just turn into an electrical nightmare.

Using water type get a THUMBLERS TUMBLER MODEL "B" all the way...

just a simple suggestion to strongly consider...

I did the corn cob vibe cleaning for a year and got tired of digging media out of the cases especially the primer pocket.
I upgraded to the Rebel 17 Stainless Wet tumbler and could not be happier. (buy once, cry once)
Advantages:
1) wet solution traps all lead and carbon particles and gets washed down the drain
2) cleans inside cases and primer pockets
Cleans 250-350 (223) cases at a time
Get the kit with the media separator.
I only use water & Dawn, clean, rinse, clean a second time. Time in tumbler depends on case lube.
I use the Hornady lanolin case lube and it takes forever to come off(I run for 6hrs, rinse and another 6hrs).
I know of others that use the Hornady One Shot and they say 2hrs in the tumbler and they are done.
After cleaning is complete, I rinse in the canister, then fill separator with water, final rinse and pin separate.
Lay on towel with small fan to dry.

https://www.stainlesstumblingmedia.com/stm-complete-package.html

Back
Top Bottom