• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Clearance braced rifles for sale

TITLE OF this THREAD:

"Clearance braced rifles for sale"​

My comment: Yes, that title is unintentionally accurate;
because we all know that these so-called "braces" are really shoulder stocks.

And that would make the weapons utilizing them "rifles" and if the barrels are not at least 16 inches long they are short-barreled rifles.

So, will a 4473 be sufficient for transfer on pistols still, or will Form 1 be required as of today?
From what I read a pistol sold without a brace is still a pistol. No change there from what I could see, except that maybe ones that use buffer tubes may have the wrong kind.

For example they specifically mention tubes with adjustment holes as being a no-no for a pistol, just like back pre-brace.

The ones that dealers have with braces included or attached will probably have to go back to the manufacturer to be 'remade' since they are now SBRs after the 1/13/2023 signing date.

If you try and sell a braced pistol privately after that date, you are committing a felony as well, since you are attempting to transfer an SBR without the paperwork.

The 120 day 'discretionary enforcement' part only applies to people who already have braced pistols in their possession.

Not a lawyer so maybe I'm missing stuff, but they were pretty explicit in the document around those parts.

From what I read a pistol sold without a brace is still a pistol. No change there from what I could see, except that maybe ones that use buffer tubes may have the wrong kind.

For example they specifically mention tubes with adjustment holes as being a no-no for a pistol, just like back pre-brace.

The ones that dealers have with braces included or attached will probably have to go back to the manufacturer to be 'remade' since they are now SBRs after the 1/13/2023 signing date.

If you try and sell a braced pistol privately after that date, you are committing a felony as well, since you are attempting to transfer an SBR without the paperwork.

The 120 day 'discretionary enforcement' part only applies to people who already have braced pistols in their possession.

Not a lawyer so maybe I'm missing stuff, but they were pretty explicit in the document around those parts.
Just wait for the injunction....which won't take long.

TITLE OF this THREAD:

"Clearance braced rifles for sale"​

My comment: Yes, that title is unintentionally accurate;
because we all know that these so-called "braces" are really shoulder stocks.

And that would make the weapons utilizing them "rifles" and if the barrels are not at least 16 inches long they are short-barreled rifles.
The more I hear from you. The less I want to hear from you.

Problem is that unless it's an injunction from SCOTUS it's going to be piecemeal.
Maybe, depends on the judge. This is so blatantly ambiguous and at odds with recent rulings this will be fast tracked anyway.
No one has mentioned how obviously political the timing is as well. Wait till pubs take the house and then release it. They know it won't stand, but now they can claim the pubs don't want "reasonable" gun control, yadda, yadda, yadda. It's them creating a red herring to campaign on. You don't think they could have easily released this 3 months ago?

This from DOJ:
Today, the Department of Justice announced it has submitted to the Federal Register the “Stabilizing Braces” Final Rule, which makes clear that when manufacturers, dealers, and individuals use stabilizing braces to convert pistols into rifles with a barrel of less than 16 inches, commonly referred to as a short-barreled rifles, they must comply with the laws that regulate those rifles, including the National Firearms Act (NFA). In April 2021, at an event with President Biden, the Attorney General directed the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) to address the issue of stabilizing braces.

I am no lawyer but to me, "submitted to" and "filed with" sounds like the same thing.

This from DOJ:
Today, the Department of Justice announced it has submitted to the Federal Register the “Stabilizing Braces” Final Rule, which makes clear that when manufacturers, dealers, and individuals use stabilizing braces to convert pistols into rifles with a barrel of less than 16 inches, commonly referred to as a short-barreled rifles, they must comply with the laws that regulate those rifles, including the National Firearms Act (NFA). In April 2021, at an event with President Biden, the Attorney General directed the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) to address the issue of stabilizing braces.

I am no lawyer but to me, "submitted to" and "filed with" sounds like the same thing.
I believe the Federal Register has to be published to take effect.
And, it's a 3 day weekend.

Back
Top Bottom