• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Clearing blow downs in the Cohutta WIlderness Area

Only a couple of miles. Went in at Dally Gap and cut up towards Hemp Top, then went down the Jacks river trail to cut a couple that we down so it is open to the river.
Wish they would do that at Coopers also...The blow down have now all but blocked the creek at the first bridge, after the dirt road starts, going to the hatchery.

Wish they would do that at Coopers also...The blow down have now all but blocked the creek at the first bridge, after the dirt road starts, going to the hatchery.
Did you mean Rock Cree road? If so, I was up there on friday and they were clearing one just down from where the pavement ends and another down by Rock Lake. Was going to fish but it was class 4 rapids on the creek!

That’s definitely a “no pansy” work zone you’ve got going there.

I ain’t gonna lie, I’d probably have to tap out before you or either of your helpers.

That’s definitely a “no pansy” work zone you’ve got going there.

I ain’t gonna lie, I’d probably have to tap out before you or either of your helpers.
I don’t have near the stamina that I use to have. This old age **** is starting to kick my butt.:p

I don’t have near the stamina that I use to have. This old age **** is starting to kick my butt.:p
I’m telling you!

I heat my house with wood. I’ve got chainsaws and a gas powered wood splitter. I STILL feel like somebody beat the crap out of me after running that stuff for a few hours.

I don’t even want to imagine using a handsaw, wedges and a maul!

I’m telling you!

I heat my house with wood. I’ve got chainsaws and a gas powered wood splitter. I STILL feel like somebody beat the crap out of me after running that stuff for a few hours.

I don’t even want to imagine using a handsaw, wedges and a maul!
My 15 year old nephew spent a couple of weeks with us this summer and after a few days of learning how to split firewood and 10’ rails (for a split rail fence) with a maul, wedge and sledge he was one tired puppy. I did take him fishing a lot though and he was thrill to catch his first rainbow trout and large mouth bass.

Back
Top Bottom