• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CLEO QUESTION

Nsegg

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
50   0
Reaction score
Filling out a form 1. I live in acworth (30101) I want to be sure I have the right info. thanks in Advanced.

who is my:
-Agency/ Department
-name of agency official
-Title of agency official
-address if Agency

Filling out a form 1. I live in acworth (30101) I want to be sure I have the right info. thanks in Advanced.

who is my:
-Agency/ Department
-name of agency official
-Title of agency official
-address if Agency

Yeah it is the Sheriff. Thought it was PD. Assuming you're in Cobb County it should be

Cobb County Sheriff
Neil Warren
Sheriff
185 Roswell St NE, Marietta, GA 30060

Yeah it is the Sheriff. Thought it was PD. Assuming you're in Cobb County it should be

Cobb County Sheriff
Neil Warren
Sheriff
185 Roswell St NE, Marietta, GA 30060

thanks. I went ahead and put in my local Acworth PD.. and submitted... guess I’ll have to get denied before It gets approved. On a good note, I’m submitting two more tonight so I guess they will be correct.

Back when a CLEO's signature was a necessary part of any individual NFA build or transfer, ATF ruled that a few different people could qualify as the CLEO. The Sheriff of your county was one, and by far the most popular. But if you lived in a City, then the Chief of the City police. Maybe the head of the County police department, if standard LEO duties were handled by a County PD instead of the Sheriff. And I think the District Attorney for your judicial circuit could sign-off also.
Now that rule 41 is in effect, I don't know if any of that matters. Just go with the Sheriff, I'd say.

I sent mine to the Chief of Police for my city ( Sandy Springs), not the sheriff. I think it is just a notification and gives the CLEO the right to say no if he/she has information that is contrary to the legal possession of the NFA item. It states that there is really no action on the part of the CLEO. I submitted a form 4, its been pending since March. I don't even know if the NFA branch ever contacts the CLEO's on the form. If it gets rejected, Ill let you guys know, but I doubt it will.

From the form itself..
Item 6- Law Enforcement Notification: Each responsible person must provide a notification on this form of the proposed making or acquisition of an NFA firearm to his/her chief law enforcement officer having jurisdiction where the responsible person is located. The chief law enforcement officer is considered to be the Chief of Police; the Sheriff; the Head of the State Police; or a State or local district attorney or prosecutor.

Back
Top Bottom