• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Clips

Scales are the flat panels that attach to grips. For example, a 1911 has a grip and two scales. The grip is the part of the frame you hold onto. An AR uses replaceable grips, they attach to the lower receiver with one bolt.
Scales

Grip

Scale
20180531_185910~2.jpg
20180625_215722_Film4_2.jpg
20180513_093016~2.jpg

Attachments

• 20180714_191230_Film4.jpg
    20180714_191230_Film4.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 8
In the early 1900's Colt advertised them along with their auto pistols nationally as "CLIPS",( I have some of the ads ).......that was a term used a long time ago, if it was OK with them I'm sure it was OK with millions of Colt users & admirers.......I use both terms myself and not embarrassed the least amount. It's kinda like asking someone if it's incorrect to say "cartridge", "ammo", "bullet" , the correct answer is = No. They're one and the same. Watch your blood pressure closely if such upsets ya, it's bad for your health :thumb:

It's kinda like asking someone if it's incorrect to say "cartridge", "ammo", "bullet" , the correct answer is = No. They're one and the same.
They're not the same. There's a difference between being okay with people's mistakes so long as they're close enough and the actual definition of the word. Sure, it isn't anything to pull your hair out over, but they are still making a mistake. It's simply not a big enough deal to care. Don't confuse the two. A lack of semantics is not the same as being correct.

Back
Top Bottom