• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Close Call Whew!

What probably happened is that some powder got stuck in the funnel from the previous charge. Are you absolutely sure you don't have a light load in one of the other rounds? You could probably have picked up on the problem with a well lit visual check. We always look into each case with a flashlight. It's quick and you would be surprised how much a heavy or light charge jumps out at you.

I'm just not sure where I went wrong on that round. I do the visual check (well lite bench) .40s&w cases are not as hard to see in as some others, and I pulled all of the other 19 rounds down also. None were over or under charged. That's what's a bit frustrating, just can't figure how I blew that charge. I'm very methodical and sequential on my loading procedures. It might take me a bit Longer than some others that Brag on how fast they reload, but I always differ speed to a slow, steady, safe and consistant loading routine. I just don't know, but like I said I'll triple check myself for a while and see if I've maybe picked up a bad habbit, skipped a check that I normally take or a distraction.

Last edited:
With test loads I always mark the case with a sharpy too. I once knock my ammo box over and all my test loads spilled out on the bench. Without the reference marks I would have been screwed.

www.treeclimber.com_reloads_243_noslers.jpg

Back
Top Bottom