• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Close Encounter!!!!! WOW

Fear Itself

Boar Icon
ODT Junkie!
21   0
Reaction score
I was coming home today and was priviledged to get within 25 - 30 feet of an American Bald Eagle on roost. It flew across the road and I turned the truck around to see if it was what I thought it was. Spooked him off roost before I could get my phone on the camera setting but I burst shot about 20 frames to get these two shots. I know the pics are not good but at least I was able to get them in the low winter sun because I couldn't see anything on the screen - I was basically shooting blind. I was one Hwy 75 between Cleveland and Helen at the base of Yonah mountain and also saw another pair(maybe) soaring above that he eventually joined before I lost them.

I saw a pair fly over Helen in 1980ish with my dad and I've seen them on Lake Lanier and Alaska, but I have never been that close to such a magnificent bird (I always have several Redtails nest on my property). I was able to watch him for several minutes after he left the roost and I have to tell you - it was a wonderful sight to watch. I have been extremely close to turkeys and deer in the wild before, but I don't think anything has excited me more than this lately. Simple pleasures LOL

eagle.JPG
eagle 2.JPG

Wish they were better pictures for you. I cropped these and intensified the background a little.

We were out on the open bow of a Princess cruise ship viewing the sights in Glacier Bay when two Bald Eagles flew ten feet over our heads, landing on a small iceberg.
Just fishing and acted like we were bothering their day.

One of the coolest sights I've seen. Got pics somewhere

Never seen any that close before. Nice!
We were out on the open bow of a Princess cruise ship viewing the sights in Glacier Bay when two Bald Eagles flew ten feet over our heads, landing on a small iceberg.
Just fishing and acted like we were bothering their day.

One of the coolest sights I've seen. Got pics somewhere
Another ship scaring away the fish.:mmph:

Back
Top Bottom