• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Close of GA '22/'23 Deer Season

Got 1 decent buck during the rut. 3.5 year old 10 pointer. Wanted to let him grow…but I knew none of my neighbors would…so,down he went:). Passed a bunch of (small) does & small bucks..then this weekend..I got skunked. Nothing. Sucks cause we wanted 1 more for the freezer.!
I know the feeling. We had a nice ten point. Always passed and fed. He showed up on the neighbors camera this year. Three days in a row. The fourth day his teenage son scored a 140” Pope and Young. Its a gamble, but that buck went to a really good place. Im very happy for the kid.

Got 1 decent buck during the rut. 3.5 year old 10 pointer. Wanted to let him grow…but I knew none of my neighbors would…so,down he went:). Passed a bunch of (small) does & small bucks..then this weekend..I got skunked. Nothing. Sucks cause we wanted 1 more for the freezer.!
Shot a similar one last year, neighbors wasn’t gonna let him walk with all the gunshots every year. Total for this 22-23 season was 4 does and 1 young buck. Gave one doe to a family with little, another to a Vietnam vet who didn’t kill any this year, and the other 3 help with out grocery bills for our family of 6. Good year! Now it’s time to kill some squirrels that were causing me anxiety during deer season.

Picked up a little feller

Attachments

• 20230104_191432.jpg
    20230104_191432.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 23
I had a great season. My son shot a doe and missed another. My Wife and daughter only hunted once due to busy schedules.

I shot one with my bow, a decent 7 point buck with my rifle and filled my second buck tag with a 150-165# cowhorn spike.
I killed a coyote with my rifle as well.

I still have the extended archery season to hunt, hopefully i can get my Son on another deer before the end of the month. We will be putting a hurting on some squirrels in the coming weeks.

Theres a good number of Woodcock that have migrated to my lease, hoping to get a few of them before time runs out too.

I had a great season. My son shot a doe and missed another. My Wife and daughter only hunted once due to busy schedules.

I shot one with my bow, a decent 7 point buck with my rifle and filled my second buck tag with a 150-165# cowhorn spike.
I killed a coyote with my rifle as well.

I still have the extended archery season to hunt, hopefully i can get my Son on another deer before the end of the month. We will be putting a hurting on some squirrels in the coming weeks.

Theres a good number of Woodcock that have migrated to my lease, hoping to get a few of them before time runs out too.
/click on search

Crappiest season ever.
Super busy with foster kids, poachers and neighboring corn baiters drove all the deer to the Cheater piles of corn they call hunting these days and to top it off Wife got diagnosed with some really bad cancer.
Got one doe.
I’ll call this my SHTF season.

Back
Top Bottom