• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Close of GA '22/'23 Deer Season

Crappiest season ever.
Super busy with foster kids, poachers and neighboring corn baiters drove all the deer to the Cheater piles of corn they call hunting these days and to top it off Wife got diagnosed with some really bad cancer.
Got one doe.
I’ll call this my SHTF season.
Prayers for your wife and family all other is secondary

Started hunting in 10 acre backyard in Bartow last season. Saw a lot more deer than last season including a good looking 8 tending a doe.

Only have one doe in freezer. Out of desperation, sat 'til last minute of legal light and didn't see any deer...
On the way out thinking I went the whole season without getting blown at, bumped into 4 does and one of'em blew at me. She made my season complete, 😓~

20230107_154641.jpg

Crappiest season ever.
Super busy with foster kids, poachers and neighboring corn baiters drove all the deer to the Cheater piles of corn they call hunting these days and to top it off Wife got diagnosed with some really bad cancer.
Got one doe.
I’ll call this my SHTF season.
Prayers sent for your Wife.

I need some wine and cheese with my coffee after reading that. CWD caused and spread by feeding deer? Does Georgia need to eradicate all the persimmon trees, oak trees, muscadines and all the other feed sources for the deer including farming? We don't need more government intervention to make and save the deer. It would turn out the same as the mandate for the covid-19 vaccine did.

I need some wine and cheese with my coffee after reading that. CWD caused and spread by feeding deer? Does Georgia need to eradicate all the persimmon trees, oak trees, muscadines and all the other feed sources for the deer including farming? We don't need more government intervention to make and save the deer. It would turn out the same as the mandate for the covid-19 vaccine did.
You are wasting your time it’s like talking to a democrat

I grabbed a bunch of persimmon cuttings from my neighbors trees for propagating.
With his permission of course.

I have about 100 cuttings bagged and ready to start planting in the spring in different locations.
I really hope to have a couple nice orchards growing where I’ll also plant some late season small food plots.
This is my alternative solution to bring deer away from neighboring corn feeders.

I also am going to plant a few rows of fast growing Leland pines for some strategic funneling and property border privacy.

Wow, beautiful tags. Any of y’all looking for a new member? Currently looking for a club or land to hunt(New to hunting and it’s nearly impossible to find a lease or club).

Congrats to those that harvested deer. In the middle of a big project this hunting season so I didn't go. Second or third year in row. Hope to get back to it in the fall

Back
Top Bottom