• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CMMG 22 Conversion Problem.....

jcountry

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
13   0
Reaction score
I have a CMMG kit which I have used in a couple different ARs.

Got one I'm trying to us it in now, and the damned thing won't fit. Stays about 1/8" too far aft. Looks like the lugs of the barrel are a bit different from what I'm used to seeing.

Anyone seen this?

I've only tried mine in one AR and everything was fine. What a clever concept!

Everything in place/where it should be on your insert?

Which kit do you have?

I have 2 from CMMG. One with a brass looking bushing when it goes into the chamber and an older one from about 10yrs ago without the bushing. They have worked flawlessly in any AR I've put them in.

Does it fire?

Which kit do you have?

I have 2 from CMMG. One with a brass looking bushing when it goes into the chamber and an older one from about 10yrs ago without the bushing. They have worked flawlessly in any AR I've put them in.

Does it fire?

Nope.
Can’t even close the upper.

I had this problem with a PSA barreled upper . It was to snug for the 22lr bolt group to seat all the way. I could see where the lugs were preventing the assembly from seating . It left tiny little marks on the front of the brass bushing.

images.jpeg

I had this problem with a PSA barreled upper . It was to snug for the 22lr bolt group to seat all the way. I could see where the lugs were preventing the assembly from seating . It left tiny little marks on the front of the brass bushing.

View attachment 2420470

That's exactly how I would describe it.

I'm gonna call PSA.

I test-fit the conversion in another upper, and it works just fine.

After a more-careful look, I can see that the clearance into the throat of the chamber is wrong. The diameter between the lug channels is about 5 thousandths or so too narrow.

Never had trouble with PSA before, but this is clearly bad machining.

Back
Top Bottom