• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CMMG Banshee or Built AR9

DrManhattan

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
112   0
Reaction score
Soliciting opinions from people with experience. Are premium 9mm AR9s are worth the 2-3x price point?

POU is home defense/USPSA pcc and training replacement when short on 5.56.

Direct blowback AR’s have a lot more recoil than most folks assume. (Provided you’ve never shot one).

That forcefulness makes them EXTREMELY reliable... provided the geometry is right and it feeds properly. (More a problem for the Glock mags than the Colt mags).

Any delayed system, will feel nicer from a recoil perspective. MPX. MP5 and likely the CMMG.

@Burdy has been kicking around one of the CMMG delayed blowback guns. He was liking it last I saw. Maybe he has some good feedback for you.

I don't have a banshee. I want one.

For the money though.... and with last round bolt hold open on Glock mags, my FX-9 has been extremely reliable while being absolutely filthy too.

Foxtrot mike fm-9 last round bolt hold open and billet components. Most of there complete guns are under a 1000. Highly recommended. Their website shows out of stock because of covid right now.

I was in the same boat for a PCC and went with neither. I went with the Nak9. They run $450 shipped +200 for the brace/adapter.
Screenshot_20200327-200623.png

MP5...for me.

MPX or Banshee..Gun game.

AR9's take a lot of tuning to get them to run smooth.

If you don't mind the bounce get a Scorpion.

Lots of new stuff hitting the market before the plague hit..I almost bought a B&T Ghm or APC9 but ran into a deal on another gun.
B&T shoot good..but its format is expen$ive.

Back
Top Bottom