Are you in?

• Yes, I want a USGI 1911

Votes: 61 29.9%
  • No thanks, priced too high

Votes: 117 57.4%
  • Tacos

Votes: 26 12.7%

• Total voters
Yeah but not used by the greatest generation to defend our country. Kinda like a 65 Corvette price vs a new one.
Many people buy stuff from The Franklin Mint think they are investing in a real collectors item.

What is it Richard Rawlings says about an auction, you need at least 2 idiots who think it’s valuable to get big money at an auction.

One mans trash, is another mans treasure.

Many people buy stuff from The Franklin Mint think they are investing in a real collectors item.

What is it Richard Rawlings says about an auction, you need at least 2 idiots who think it’s valuable to get big money at an auction.

One mans trash, is another mans treasure.

Don't think these are in the same category as "Mitchell's Mausers" which are over priced and overhyped. They are a part of our history just $200-$300 overpriced.

If I did not have 2 already I'd be tempted to go $950 for a Field Grade.

I sold one that was probably rack grade for $1100 about a year ago. I didn't really want to sell it but I was happy to take $1100 for it. Not sure exactly why people are willing to pay so much for them but you can't say they're over priced when people are lining up to pay.

Back
Top Bottom