• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CMP Talladega is basically awesome

I would bet a nickel someone went to the CMP with a full auto and got told to pound sand. Bet it's not the first time.

Oh and NRA /CMP Highpower doesn't list full auto as an option in the rules of competition and hasn't for the last 100 years.
I would bet you are correct.

Supporting this range with your dollars is like supporting gun grabbers when they say they only want to ban certain types of weapons.

um-nevermind.jpg

How can this range be listed as awesome when they ban full auto weapons? Many C&R weapons are full auto. How sad they spend all this money on a range and basically ban a class of firearm owner and collector. Discrimination is not the American way and you just described a range that discriminates against many gun owners as awesome. Instead of spending your money there you should join others by calling or write letters explaining that it's wrong to discriminate against gun owners. Supporting this range with your dollars is like supporting gun grabbers when they say they only want to ban certain types of weapons.
They don't allow 50 BMG either. Some retarded magnums and large bore are regulated too. You even (gasp) have to actually prove you can hit the target on the pistol range (Konig system) before you are allowed to use it. The horror! Imagine spending $20+ million and not allowing a bunch of hee haws to come out and blow the **** to smithereens. The nerve!

Btw, I didn't just show up, I called beforehand and discovered that the range is anti full auto. We were planning team building mission for work and then I made sure dollars weren't spent at this range. Maybe you don't remember but the NRA basically turned their backs on NFA owners in the 80s and they are still trying to repair the damage to the class 3 community. The full auto class 3 community are not "hee haws" and there collections are usually very valuable.

Btw, I didn't just show up, I called beforehand and discovered that the range is anti full auto. We were planning team building mission for work and then I made sure dollars weren't spent at this range. Maybe you don't remember but the NRA basically turned their backs on NFA owners in the 80s and they are still trying to repair the damage to the class 3 community. The full auto class 3 community are not "hee haws" and there collections are usually very valuable.
Just to make sure, your contention is every single range, everywhere, should be able to accommodate ALL class 3 weapons? Otherwise they are anti 2a?

Dude, you have to be trolling. The target systems at Talladega are not designed to be shot at by machine guns. They are for recording precision shooting. I'm very happy that they will not allow machine guns at the range, shows they have and exercise common sense, a commodity all too lacking in the 'gun owning' community. Nobody wants to try to shoot a high power match while others are shooting machine guns, spraying fire God knows where into God knows what.

I'll support your boycott of CMP, you should not go there, ever.

I have lots of regular machine gun shooters at my club. They are most welcome as long as they are keeping the rounds in the HILLSIDE! We shoot into a hilltop for a berm, not $4,000 target systems.

Back
Top Bottom