• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CNN: One Gun's Path to Destruction

GAgunLAWbooklet

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
63   0
Reaction score
https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019/03/us/unlicensed-gun-dealers-invs/index.html

This article isn't the usual anti-gun, empty-headed opinion piece. It actually goes into considerable detail about how ATF identified and warned a particular gun owner / trader/ hobbyist that he seemed to be dealing in firearms without an FFL. Yet the guy kept doing it, and eventually he and his adult son were arrested by ATF for selling tables full of guns at gun shows, all as a "hobby"-- or so they claimed.

selling tables full of guns at gun shows, all as a "hobby".
I guess he hadn't heard of the ODT.....
This article isn't the usual anti-gun, empty-headed opinion piece.
Sure it is....look at the premise they use to even write the story....
They were a farming family, a young hothead, and an aspiring engineer with nothing in common – except a weapon that reached the San Francisco streets through unlicensed gun dealing.
If it's from CNN, it's spun by anti-gun. Let's look a little deeper....
Four years later, Chang is now repentant. He says it’s a crime he would not have committed if the gun had been registered in his name.
So it's an anti-private sale pro registration piece.....more liberal antigun gibberish packaged to be palatable to the masses by preying on outrage. Never let a tragedy go to waste, right?.

In a sense, the article is blaming the private sellers for the crime of the shooter. Let's see CNN do a hit piece on a single pregnant mother who uses a gun that she got in a private sale to protect herself and her unborn child from a domestic violence attack.

My old neighbor from Ft Valley used to sell guns and flip 22 ammo at a flea market in Macon on weekends. During that same time I showed him an article about local/state and ATF people raiding a flea market in Alabama for the same thing. Didn't even slow him down.

The Hunts seem to have been knowingly acting as unlicensed dealers and were let off with a slap on the wrists. Seems to be an instance of what many here protest; ineffective enforcement of existing legislation.

As to whether the little thug would have pulled the trigger if he hadn't bought the gun privately, who knows but him, and he doesn't seem the most reliable witness.

The Hunts seem to have been knowingly acting as unlicensed dealers and were let off with a slap on the wrists. Seems to be an instance of what many here protest; ineffective enforcement of existing legislation.

As to whether the little thug would have pulled the trigger if he hadn't bought the gun privately, who knows but him, and he doesn't seem the most reliable witness.

This is part of the script his lawyer wrote for him, trying to deflect blame.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019/03/us/unlicensed-gun-dealers-invs/index.html

This article isn't the usual anti-gun, empty-headed opinion piece. It actually goes into considerable detail about how ATF identified and warned a particular gun owner / trader/ hobbyist that he seemed to be dealing in firearms without an FFL. Yet the guy kept doing it, and eventually he and his adult son were arrested by ATF for selling tables full of guns at gun shows, all as a "hobby"-- or so they claimed.

Seems to me it is just another article that is biased against free people doing as they please with their private property. I despise all gun laws, but I didn't write a book about it so there's no incentive for me to be pro gun laws.

steady flow of weapons to people like Chang, who are either barred from owning guns,

So, the criminal was already convicted of a crime and a disallowed person. But CNN won't focus on that, noooo, it's the evil guns fault. We need more laws since our existing laws aren't being enforced!!!

You know the expression "we can't have nice things because of people like that?"
High volume "private collection" sellers at gun shows are going to be what motivates Congress, or some individual states, to ban private sales and force all gun transfers to go through FFL dealers.
The push for "universal background checks" comes from the actions of scofflaws like the ones featured in this article.

And the non-FFL vendor at a gun show in Cartersville a few years ago who was hawking his pistols for sale (plenty of cheapies--Taurus, Rossi, F.I.E.) by telling anybody who paused at his table that his guns didn't require any background check. He brought that up, first thing!

Back
Top Bottom