• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cobb Co. Going Digital - We Need Old Laptop/Tablet Donations

Black Mountain Industries

Default rank <1500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
Firearms/Accessories Dealer
83   0
Reaction score
As many of y'all have seen/heard Cobb Co. will be going completely digital for the coming school year. A good friend teaches 3rd grade and many of her students do not have the means to access these digital learning platforms. I'm trying to help by collecting as many tablets and laptops as possible to give the children an opportunity to learn in these crazy times. Let me know if y'all can help! I'm based out of Acworth/Kennesaw, but would be willing to drive a bit to collect donations.

Thanks y'all!
dmason

Question - You are not alone in this request but do old systems work.? My last upgrade was because the system resources bogging down on the internet and a battery that had a super short life. Doesn't there need to be a minimum level of requirements before taking any computer or laptop? Thanks and I hope you find enough stuff.

Thank you for the question. An old system will work as long as it has the ability to connect to wifi or ethernet and can access the internet. Battery issues are a non-problem as long as it will function while plugged in.

I might have some (will need to check how many) Lenovo T420's that I can fix up for you to use, but Windows license will be a problem since those machines were licensed with Windows 7 Pro but if you know of a charitable company you might be able to speak to Techsoup to get those licenses at a discount. These T420 have an i5 processor, they are functional, and will put in a slightly used SSD with 4-8GB ram. Getting to the internet is not an issue but the battery will be since its showing its age...however if its plugged in then it will work like a charm. Cosmetic wise its got scratches here and there but it works which is what you care about.
I'm willing to build them up with what you need, clean them up and even deliver to you since this is for a good cause.
I am selling some electronics stuff and 2 items that I can give away are the 22" and 24" monitors listed so if you want them then their yours....just note that I do not have the legs for them. have other 19" monitors that you can have if interested.

This man is my brother in-law and he is the CEO of the company. If you contact him he will do everything in his power to help you.
His name is Richard Hicks and the company is Inspiredu. The number is 404-367-9990. The company deals in used computers that they refurbish and put out into school systems.
Let him know that his brother in-law Nathan Perry referred you to him. He's a good man.
Hope he is able to help.
Thank you for your service for the children.
Hope you and yours are truly blessed.

Back
Top Bottom