• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Coin Collecting

Talos

Default rank <3500 posts Lifetime Supporter
Hew many foe-men.
66   0
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any pawn shops or antique stores in NE GA that have large collections of coins? Currently I frequent A Flea Antique in Braselton but I want to see what else is out there.

there is a nice coin shop in conyers family owned and ran very friendly new inventory all the time i go in weekly ( was there yesterday) closed on sundays and mondays ga. hwy 20 and honey creek rd. they have the most inventory of any shop i have ever been to every thing from beginners to the most advanced( Mr. COIN ) is the shop name

eBay
stick with the larger dealers with lots of history/reviews.
I’m working on a complete set of Peace dollars, everything has been as described so far, pics of actual coins in ads.
If nothing else will give you a good idea of current prices.
GLWSearch

I've bought from Ebay, Proxibid, dealers, Pawn shops and a few from individuals. The best deals are from coin shows. there's a big one every year in Dalton. There's a monthly show usually at Cobb Galleria and one big show in Perry. I usually go to the Perry show. Since driving through Atlanta isn't appealing to me anymore, I haven't been to the north Atlanta shows in a few years. I'm usually looking for a few specific dates on whatever I'm trying to finish out. So I can go to several tables and see if any particular dealers have that date. Then I begin comparing each others grading and price. Most dealers will finagle on a price. Ebay is OK on lower grade stuff but there aren't many deals since you are competing with a load of dealers driving prices up on auctions. Pawn shops can be a good place if you know the owners. They pay pennies on the dollar for stuff and will give a deal occasionally. Coin shops/dealers sell according to grey sheet prices and I rarely get a deal there.

I finished out my Mercury dimes back in the 80s and since have been upgrading a few pieces. I finished out my Peace dollars a couple of years ago and still awaiting to hit the lottery to finish out the Morgans lol. Currently working on my Walker Halves, only a few to go on that and also working on a Standing Liberty Quarter set. Might have to trade a Python for that darn 1916.... Meh, shooting the Python is more fun. Only needed to 1909 S VDB for the Wheaties, my dad has a couple but not looking forward to inheriting them. He also has a 3 legged Buffalo which is the only one missing from my collection.

there is a nice coin shop in conyers family owned and ran very friendly new inventory all the time i go in weekly ( was there yesterday) closed on sundays and mondays ga. hwy 20 and honey creek rd. they have the most inventory of any shop i have ever been to every thing from beginners to the most advanced( Mr. COIN ) is the shop name
IS the fellow that owns MR Coin in a wheel chair? I used to frequent a shop about 20 years ago in Conyers, The owner was a very nice guy in a wheel chair.

I have some coins for sale, I have a few complete sets of Roosevelt dimes...46-64...lots of mercury dimes,lots of buffalo nickels, a couple complete sets of Washington quarters all are 32-64 also have a lot of double eagles 2021, type 1 and 2..all in mint tubes, and very good condition, v nickels,Indian head pennys, barber halves, honestly I would have to take a look to see what all I have..open to trades or cash. Pm me if interested

Humorous but sad story. His shop was broke into probably 20 years ago. I was there a few days after. A young male comes in with a real nice 1895 O Morgan. Asks the value , said he got it from an old man who was trying to use it in a coke machine. He’s told the value and walks out. The owner says that was one of the coins stolen a few days before. Probably the same kid that broke in and stole it. Just can’t have nice things.

Back
Top Bottom