• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cold air induction system? Worth it ?

I miss the old days before everyone had 300hp and needs more.

I think stock intakes have resonators that are actually tuned as well.

Just get one and ****in send it. A good one will give you some seat of the pants feel. Also yes if you have an aftermarket exhaust, you will probably notice a slight change in exhaust tone.

I have a V6 sedan that stock quotes 278 hp, I see some of these cold air systems that say they can boost 10-15 hp. Do they really work? Are they worth it? Do they void warranties? Do they get you a better sound out of the engine bay?

HP stickers.jpg
:pound:

I have one on my f150 with exhaust and an edge tuner.Not sure what the cold box alone would do,but everything together made a huge difference and sounds badass,only downside is it runs on 93 octane only.

Most of them aren't true CAI as they suck in hot air from under the hood. fast306stang fast306stang is the only gearhead I know though.

You don't know @KERTWOOD?

I'm still debating on who's going to do my tune.

OP, google will probably provide some info for your specific car, if there's aftermarket support for your vehicle then I promise there are forums out there that will have the answers you seek.

It primarily depends on how old the car is and how the car is tuned. I know the 03/04 Cobras saw massive gains from an open (hot air) filter.

You might see some more throttle response by removing resonators in the intake.
You might also get some extra HP depending if the car has a Mass Air Meter and how it's installed. (Putting a MAF in a larger diameter tube without re-tuning will lean out the car and make more HP. But, if it's already lean it will pop the motor).

The real answer is to go find a forum or a group with an interest in your particular car. If you can't find such a group it's likely a waste of money.

Back
Top Bottom