• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Coliseum Medical Center, Macon

https://www.hhc.org/About-Us/Executive-Team/Larry-D-Stewart-Jr-MD

and something tells me he wouldn't give a damn, either. Wow. The mysterious I-know-something-you-don't-know rooster measuring is strong in this thread. Dienekes? You're good. Psilloh? You're good. We can all relax.

Mine is way bigger, so it's all settled now.

If you'll excuse me, I have a bugotti to go drive.

https://www.hhc.org/About-Us/Executive-Team/Larry-D-Stewart-Jr-MD

and something tells me he wouldn't give a damn, either. Wow. The mysterious I-know-something-you-don't-know rooster measuring is strong in this thread. Dienekes? You're good. Psilloh? You're good. We can all relax.

Mine is way bigger, so it's all settled now.

If you'll excuse me, I have a bugotti to go drive.
Pictures of the Bugatti or it didn't happen, you know the rules.:D

I classify my knife as a tool, not a weapon. My employer knows I carry it and they could possibly fire me for it but it is EXTREMELY unlikely they will. No hospital in central Georgia can afford to lose a good nurse, especially a male nurse. My employer also knows that I have other offers and will have a new job before I can clean out my locker. As long as I am professional (which I am) they chose to ignore the knife.

Length may be a factor.

I think knives less than 3" are sometimes not considered weapons-at least in certain places. I know we can't even have a mini leatherman where I work.

Not trying to tell you what to do, but I'd check the handbook. I'm the kind of person who likes to be certain.

Thought about majoring in that. Would have been an excellent fallback position.

But I hate the sight of blood & guts. Makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up, and I start getting dizzy.

Of course, some of those nurse chicks make me feel dizzy. Dayum. Talent.

Thought about majoring in that. Would have been an excellent fallback position.

But I hate the sight of blood & guts. Makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up, and I start getting dizzy.

Of course, some of those nurse chicks make me feel dizzy. Dayum. Talent.
I figure if some of those little 90 lb females can deal with then I can too. Besides, it's the smells that suck worse than the sights. Gangrene and C-diff you will never forget.
If you have a valid RN license you will always have a job, especially in this area. Last time I checked Navicent had over 150 open RN positions they could not fill, and that is just one local hospital. I have actually gone to interviews in shorts and a t-shirt and still got an offer.
You're right about some of the nurses, I actually turned down a 50% higher sign on bonus, and a couple more dollars an hour more from another hospital because they did not have the "Bugatti" nurse.

Back
Top Bottom