• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

College basketball fans?

Watched nearly the entire game. I really thought LSU had them, but man, UK is loaded with talent. It was a great game. Looking forward to the Syracuse/Duke game.

Watched nearly the entire game. I really thought LSU had them, but man, UK is loaded with talent. It was a great game. Looking forward to the Syracuse/Duke game.
I don't know why a 3 pointer from Hornsby is the default play. That last play was idiotic. Feed one of the big guys in the paint and go up strong. The worst thing that happens is you go to the foul line for two. The best thing is you go to the foul line to win. Just stupid.

And I've never heard the UK coach before. When he said he told the team he hoped they lost after that technical my jaw hit the floor. I 'think' I like his style. ;)

LSU did not have a good play to win the game. I am sure that the UK defense took away part of the play, but yeah the 3 pointer did not look like a play, maybe a busted play. I don't understand why Coach Cal did not call a timeout when LSU was making a run at the end of the game. I guess he decided to let them play through and win or play through and lose. BTW, the tech was called on a dumbass stunt. I mean really, doing a pull up on the rim. That is a no brainer tech call.

I don't know why a 3 pointer from Hornsby is the default play. That last play was idiotic. Feed one of the big guys in the paint and go up strong. The worst thing that happens is you go to the foul line for two. The best thing is you go to the foul line to win. Just stupid.

And I've never heard the UK coach before. When he said he told the team he hoped they lost after that technical my jaw hit the floor. I 'think' I like his style. ;)

I couldn't agree more. They had 6 seconds left to get a decent shot and ended up with a contested fade away 3. 6 seconds is enough time to run a quick play for the best shot.

LSU did not have a good play to win the game. I am sure that the UK defense took away part of the play, but yeah the 3 pointer did not look like a play, maybe a busted play. I don't understand why Coach Cal did not call a timeout when LSU was making a run at the end of the game. I guess he decided to let them play through and win or play through and lose. BTW, the tech was called on a dumbass stunt. I mean really, doing a pull up on the rim. That is a no brainer tech call.
They scored more in the paint than anyone has against UK and should have stuck with it. The problem for LSU (and everyone) is NOBODY has a bench as deep as UK. It's really incredible. When you can keep fresh legs and lungs in the game like that with that much talent, those last 5 minutes are going to be in your favor every single time. Doesn't change the fact LSU could have obviously won. I'm obviously biased but they've sucked for so long and underperformed even when they had talent since they are finally coming around I'm just trying to hurry them along. :)
Yeah the rim hang was idiotic. The funny thing, if you saw the interview right the game the kid didn't learn a single thing from it. He was still posing WHILE the coach was blistering him to the reporter and when asked directly about it simply shrugged it off smiling "Coach is always riding me." Got to remember they are kids but he better mature quickly or .... or.... he'll have to leave early to go make millions in the NBA. :laugh:

I couldn't agree more. They had 6 seconds left to get a decent shot and ended up with a contested fade away 3. 6 seconds is enough time to run a quick play for the best shot.
Yep. I 'hope' they admit that to themselves and learn from it. I think Hornsby shoots around 31% from outside the arc so THAT is what you are going to do instead of doing the simple thing that has served you well the entire game that would allow you to tie AT HOME or win?!?! :doh:
Plus I wanted to see them storm the court. ;)

Back
Top Bottom