• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

College Basketball

No, it's not March but football is over :grey: and conference play is in full swing!

So, who is your team and how are they doing?

LSU was picked to finished dead last in the SEC. They have FAR exceeded expectations. They have a new coach who finally has some fire and somehow they got a kid that was committed to Georgetown and recruited by Duke etc to go to LSU. Not sure how that happened but he defies physics the way he plays. They already have more wins (overall and conf) vs last year and are to be reckoned with (even though they got cheated out of a win with Bama yesterday :boink: ) They spanked then ranked Arkansas by 21 points at Arkansas this week.

So.... anybody have UGA/LSU tickets for Feb 24th they want to get rid of? :becky:

So we went to the LSU/UGA last night. The game was so-so even though LSU won, in less than impressive fashion, but the time was unexpectedly amazing to do a nice surprise.
We got there early so they were giving out bobble heads for some UGA player and they gave me one. After the game was over I was trying to find a little UGA fan to give the bobble head to. Unfortunately they all had little brothers and/or sisters or friends in tow and I didn't want to create any drama so kept waiting for a solo kid to come by. We waited... and waited... and waited.... several minutes. Eventually some stadium or SEC personnel (not sure which) guy came walking by and saw us in LSU garb and said, "If you're an LSU fan follow me. You can see the team getting on the bus." So we and another 10 or so followed him. Got to the garage and there was another 10 or so fans there. We waited. I assumed we'd just see them and give a little cheer as they walked to the bus and send them on their way. Wrong. Spread out over the course of the next 30+ minutes the players and the coach came out one by one and greeted every single fan individually. Chatted. Took pics. Signed autographs, whatever. It really was awesome. One thing I like about LSU, is the "thug factor" seems virtually non-existent. I don't know if it's the coach or not but the kids don't play with a bunch of in your face attitude or trash talking and they, as the saying goes, "act like they've been there". It really is refreshing. The 'kids' (to the extent a near 7 foot 250#+ human is a 'kid') were all EXTREMELY polite and gracious expressing their gratitude to the fans. My wife is actually a bigger fan than me of LSU sports (though she didn't got there) and she was about besides herself . She's about 5'3". Her picture with 6'11" Naz Reid is comical. ;). We got our pics taken with all the players and got a sense of their individual personalities and again I was shocked at their politeness and humility. Not your typical 'full of themselves' sports prima donnas for sure.
UGA fans were great, coliseum was very nice. Just all around a wonderful time. Going to do it again every chance we get for sure. :thumb:
#1 ranked LSU baseball in action against Air Force this afternoon. :cool:

LSU in overtime. Nicely done
They loss to Florida, which they shouldn't have. Then beat UT which they shouldn't have. Given they were without Tremont and Naz literally scored zero in regulation makes it even more unbelievable. Craziness. That's what makes it so enjoyable to watch I suppose.
Despite the victories I'm glad we don't have to face y'all or UK again and glad y'all get to face each other again. ;)

Back
Top Bottom