• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

College Football predictions

Why wouldn't they? In the age of zero consequence transfer portals and NIL, the best are going to migrate to where they feel they can get "paid" the most. Either in exposure, $, or both.
"Dynasties" are easier now than ever.
It's a shame, but it's what you as deemed "fair". 🙄
It’s because I deemed it fair? You lost me.

I would think it would be more difficult to have a great bench because 4 and 5 star recruits aren’t going to be as likely to wait until their junior (maybe redshirt sophomore) season to start. They can transfer to a program that promises to give them significant playing time early.

Why wouldn't they? In the age of zero consequence transfer portals and NIL, the best are going to migrate to where they feel they can get "paid" the most. Either in exposure, $, or both.
"Dynasties" are easier now than ever.
It's a shame, but it's what you as deemed "fair". 🙄

Georgia didn’t take anyone in on transfer this season. Matter of fact they lost 13 players. Kirby’s philosophy has been to only recruit players that fit his system and share his values of “team first.” Now I’m not saying he won’t go into the portal. It’s just if you don’t fit you ain’t wearing the red and black.

Georgia didn’t take anyone in on transfer this season. Matter of fact they lost 13 players. Kirby’s philosophy has been to only recruit players that fit his system and share his values of “team first.” Now I’m not saying he won’t go into the portal. It’s just if you don’t fit you ain’t wearing the red and black.
Good for him. Whatever works. And it's wirking. My point was it's easier than ever to establish a dynasty with top tier talent. It's going to be harder to keep #3s than ever before but that won't matter when you can easily reboot.

It’s because I deemed it fair? You lost me.

I would think it would be more difficult to have a great bench because 4 and 5 star recruits aren’t going to be as likely to wait until their junior (maybe redshirt sophomore) season to start. They can transfer to a program that promises to give them significant playing time early.
Sorry, some weird auto correct. Should have read "that's what has been deemed fair".
Agreed. I personally think it's terrible but that's another thread.

Reactions: GFB
Sorry, sure me weird auto correct. Should have read "that's what has been deemed fair".
Agreed. I personally think it's terrible but that's another thread.
Doubling down on my bad predictions, I can't believe how bad Texas A&M has been. Saban was going off about Jimbo being able to "buy" a better recruiting class and all that. But it sure didn't come out on the field this season.

Doubling down on my bad predictions, I can't believe how bad Texas A&M has been. Saban was going off about Jimbo being able to "buy" a better recruiting class and all that. But it sure didn't come out on the field this season.
They had some pretty key injuries and are very young and really should have beat Bama. Just a weird year.

Back
Top Bottom