• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

College football rankings

I think OSU is the more complete team. Offensively both teams are explosive. But LSU hasn’t looked great on defense whilst Ohio State has looked just as good on defense as anyone in the country. LSU has accomplished more, no doubt. And I think it’s splittong hairs but Ohio State looks the better team right now. To me that is. But Saturday night in T-Town can change my mind.
That is exactly what the head committee guy said last night about why Ohio was #1. They look like the most complete team and honestly they do. And I despise Ohio
I think OSU is the more complete team. Offensively both teams are explosive. But LSU hasn’t looked great on defense whilst Ohio State has looked just as good on defense as anyone in the country. LSU has accomplished more, no doubt. And I think it’s splittong hairs but Ohio State looks the better team right now. To me that is. But Saturday night in T-Town can change my mind.

This happens every year. BCS and now the CFP, they are OSU nut swingers. Next week either Alabama or LSU will be #1 depending on outcome of the game saturday, Loser will fall to 4 or 5. Ohio will choke on penn state or michigan like they do every year.

To be consistent, the teams must be considered on what they were ranked at the time of play. Injuries, dismissals, timing of games on schedule, etc. effect later results but the committee should consider each week equally. On the contrary, they seem to be looking ahead at some league schedules (big 10) and projecting greatness because the schedule seems to be getting more difficult according to today's rankings - kinda like what LSU has already conquered.

for what its worth the CFP committee didnt rank Texas as a top 10 team. the AP did. and they dont take those rankings into consideration

This happens every year. BCS and now the CFP, they are OSU nut swingers. Next week either Alabama or LSU will be #1 depending on outcome of the game saturday, Loser will fall to 4 or 5. Ohio will choke on penn state or michigan like they do every year.

you must not watch Ben Ten football if you think Ohio St loses to Michigan or Penn State every year.

The problem is LSU or Bama will fall out of the top 4 they way they've done it. Then they'll be waiting on a good team, with a weaker schedule, to lose. I realize there's no perfect system but being rewarded for being in a conference with less competition (and vice versa) sure isn't it.

I think OSU is #1 because they have a QB from a great SEC team.

for what its worth the CFP committee didnt rank Texas as a top 10 team. the AP did. and they dont take those rankings into consideration
Even if they don't count Texas, LSU still has accomplished much more to date than OSU. And if they would admit it, the committee members would probably have said at the time of the LSU-Texas game that it was a big early season game to determine rankings. At least many of these teams will soon play each other, and we can enjoy!

Even if they don't count Texas, LSU still has accomplished much more to date than OSU. And if they would admit it, the committee members would probably have said at the time of the LSU-Texas game that it was a big early season game to determine rankings. At least many of these teams will soon play each other, and we can enjoy!

Oh absolutely. LSU-Alabama this week, Ohio State-Penn State, Georgia-Auburn, Penn State-Minnesota, Baylor-Oklahoma. Things wil sort themselves out.

OSU is over ranked.. I think there are 4 teams in the SEC that would beat them. Bama, LSU, Auburn, Florida and maybe UGA. Then you have Clemson, and they may beat them. Clemson's weak schedule will hurt them, especially when they play someone tough.

Back
Top Bottom