• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

College Football vs NFL....could LSU Tigers beat the Cinncinati Bengals?

Can LSU beat the Bengals?

• No way - NFL is just another level above.

Votes: 37 74.0%
  • Maybe - depends on the teams. If they played enough games...

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Yes - the college players today are very good and NFL ready.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Don't care - but if I can get some tacos I am good.

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters
Another case of people not reading the actual question. ;)
This was the question.
Could the best college team, beat the worst NFL team? For example, if LSU played the Bengals in 10 games - could LSU win just one of them?
The answer is, could the 2019 LSU Tiger team win one game form the 2019 Bengals? Apparently so. Admittedly I don't watch the NFL but unless something has drastically changed in the last several years, a team that sucks that bad, has problems beyond "talent".

Nope.

There would be some mismatches in talent that an NFL team could exploit. Think of it this way, even if the college team defense had 6 guys on it that would be drafted and that's big number, their are 5 other guys that are not NFL talent and I believe they would get shredded..
LSU had 6 players drafted on defense and 8 on offense. What you are also missing is, they have NFL talent that wasn't draft eligible. You are also saying the worst Bengals player is better than the best non drafted player.

This, I love the college game and csould care less about the NFL but we're talking about the combined elites of their game.
He said the Bengals...

The college teams wouldn’t even score. Heck, they may have to forfeit due to too many injuries.
So first year rookies in the NFL don't do well?

2% college players make nfl
100% nfl players make nfl
There is your answer
Again, 14 players drafted.... more could have been except for age/tenure.

Having said all that, it's not a match I'd care to see. It's a risk reward thing. Baseball does it as you are not likely to have a career ending injury to prove a point.

It would be interesting to know how many non drafted players make the NFL rosters eventually.

LSU gave up 41 points to a college team. No way they sat and a chance against an NFL team. 41 points in the NFL were only scored 24 times in 268+ games last season. And only 1 team won the game giving up that many. Defense isn’t good enough. Plain and simple. And let’s not forget you’d have to cut LSU’s roster to 53 to match the NFL’s

LSU gave up 41 points to a college team. No way they sat and a chance against an NFL team. 41 points in the NFL were only scored 24 times in 268+ games last season. And only 1 team won the game giving up that many. Defense isn’t good enough. Plain and simple. And let’s not forget you’d have to cut LSU’s roster to 53 to match the NFL’s
Yeah, that's great except for one small problem you also seem to be missing. The Bengals averaged 17 points per game last year. They only scored more than 23 points ONCE and that was in OT (which they lost). Again, he didn't ask if the average college team could beat the average NFL team. That answer would be no, 10 out of 10 times. He asked a very specific question.
The bet was could the 2019 LSU team beat the 2019 Bengals ONE out of TEN games. I'd take that bet gladly. I take it you wouldn't. I guess I'll never get to take your money. ;)

GeauxLSU, I did read your question. I will admit that I disregarded the 10 games comment because there are so many variables to consider in a 10 game series. But, if it is not a 10 games series, but a one game winner take all event, played 10 times, I will still say LSU would not win one. Despite the number of great athletes that LSU has and factoring in the "problems other than talent" the Bengals have, LSU would still be out manned at most positions. I do have a question for you. Do you believe the best high school team in the country could beat the worst team in the SEC? I don't, and the jump in talent between the college level and the NFL is greater than the jump in talent between high school and college. Of course, hypothetical questions allow everyone to have their own opinions. I just don't believe LSU could beat the Bengals. Oh, and I would bet against you and I believe it would be me taking your money! lol

Another case of people not reading the actual question. ;)
This was the question. The answer is, could the 2019 LSU Tiger team win one game form the 2019 Bengals? Apparently so. Admittedly I don't watch the NFL but unless something has drastically changed in the last several years, a team that sucks that bad, has problems beyond "talent".

LSU had 6 players drafted on defense and 8 on offense. What you are also missing is, they have NFL talent that wasn't draft eligible. You are also saying the worst Bengals player is better than the best non drafted player.

He said the Bengals...

So first year rookies in the NFL don't do well?

Again, 14 players drafted.... more could have been except for age/tenure.

Having said all that, it's not a match I'd care to see. It's a risk reward thing. Baseball does it as you are not likely to have a career ending injury to prove a point.

It would be interesting to know how many non drafted players make the NFL rosters eventually.
Are all 14 players drafted going to be immediate starters in the NFL? Not a chance, maybe 3-4 will start full time as rookies. The Bengals have 24 NFL starters on their roster, it would be a blowout in all 10 games and is a ridiculous question. You’re homer status is showing hard here Geaux...

Yeah, that's great except for one small problem you also seem to be missing. The Bengals averaged 17 points per game last year. They only scored more than 23 points ONCE and that was in OT (which they lost). Again, he didn't ask if the average college team could beat the average NFL team. That answer would be no, 10 out of 10 times. He asked a very specific question.
The bet was could the 2019 LSU team beat the 2019 Bengals ONE out of TEN games. I'd take that bet gladly. I take it you wouldn't. I guess I'll never get to take your money. ;)

you get most things right but you’re off your rocker on this one. Done went full @Bear44 on this topic.

Back
Top Bottom