College World Series 2017

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
If y'all don't watch that, you are REALLY missing out.
LSU beat MS State in dramatic comeback fashion and is headed to Omaha for the 4,397th time (OK, really it's "just" their 18th).
Really exciting watching those kids play with heart. No comparison to pro ball... at all!

College baseball becomes a lot more interesting when your school is "in the hunt" (like most sports). When that happens, you end up watching more games and get drawn into the games, and watching players progress over the season (and years).

I was a MLB fan for most of my life, but the strike in the mid 90's killed a lot of interest for me, and when the Braves run ended I pretty much stopped watching with the exception of some World Series games.

I started watching College Baseball when my school's AD finally brought in coaches that knew how to recruit (and coach), and we started pumping money into facilities. The turnaround since 2007 has been dramatic. I'm amazed that the Cards lost 7 players to the MLB draft last year, and still had the horses to make the CWS this year (our 3'rd in the last 5 years).

The college game is more pure than MLB (even if the skill levels aren't up to par of MLB), and it's fun to watch these kids develop, win national awards, and then go on to the next level. The CWS is a blast to watch, and filled with drama since the field is often wide open to win it all.

So yeah, I've been watching a lot more college ball in recent years, and a hell of a lot less of MLB.

If y'all don't watch that, you are REALLY missing out.
LSU beat MS State in dramatic comeback fashion and is headed to Omaha for the 4,397th time (OK, really it's "just" their 18th).
Really exciting watching those kids play with heart. No comparison to pro ball... at all!
I saw that game. LSU never quits. Although not a fan of either school I am happy to see the SEC well represented. Geaux Tigers and good luck.

LSU got absolutely SPANKED by Oregon State (who has crushed the single season winning record) so then had to play FSU again and beat them in the elimination game. Unfortunately... they now have to play Oregon State again tomorrow... and would have to beat them TWICE to get to the finals. :frown:

LSU got absolutely SPANKED by Oregon State (who has crushed the single season winning record) so then had to play FSU again and beat them in the elimination game. Unfortunately... they now have to play Oregon State again tomorrow... and would have to beat them TWICE to get to the finals. :frown:
I feel for you. That's a rough row to hoe !

Back
Top Bottom