• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Colonoscopy Prep

You would think with all of today's technology they could come up with a pill instead of having to drink that gag-a-lot stuff. I literally almost throw up after drinking every swallow. It is terrible. Did not sleep at all that night.

Had both colonoscopy and endoscopy done last Monday to try to find any internal bleeding since I have become severely anemic. Had an iron infusion IV two weeks ago.

Found blood but no active source. Admitted me to hospital overnight because of that and did CT scan. CT scan did not find any active bleeding. Did another endoscopy the next day. I did not have anything to eat for two days. Kept me on IV fluids. Did find ulcer in stomach that could have been the source.

Will go back and swallow the pill with the camera soon.
Pill camera is a breeze , bleeding ulcer can cause anemia . Avoid aspirin or Advil completely

I’ve had 3 or 4… But, the easiest way I’ve found to drink the “concoction” is mixed with a flavor of Gatorade I like, and get it good and cold, then suck it down through a straw. For some reason I don’t taste it as much, and I can kill a quart in a matter of 5 or 10 minutes. Even my mother likes it better that way, and she’s 85, and don’t like to change the way she does things.

OMG. LMAO!!!

Haven't had a good 10 minute, non- stop laugh and giggle like that in a few years! Thanks...

Then I read the rest of the story. Guess I gotta do one. I am overdue by 11 years.
You are welcome sir. As stated earlier I am good for 10 years. The Doc said I was “clean as a whistle” I CAN POST PICS if needed.

Impress the doc, bring him the gloves and tub of Vaseline. Don't forget to look back and wink while you're on all fours. That's how the procto knows he is doing a great job. If he dims the light, you done good.

My pops calls them a colonasty and hates the prep big time. He talks to his Dr and watches the monitor, atleast thats what he says. The VA does a good job for him.

Back
Top Bottom