• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Colt aficionado help!

First off let me say that's a beautiful Colt DS. It's 1 year off from being my birth year though of '74. If it's truly unfired or appears to be keep it that way unless you plan to carry it. Better still, just keep it that way.

So, as a DS they do not hold their value or should I say they don't command as much $$$ as the Diamondback and Cobra Snake guns we all love in the D frame family. But they are great as I have a couple myself but are carry condition not safe like this one. It still has some good $$$ value and I'd say around $600 would probably be your ceiling unless someone is looking for a birth year then you can eek out a little more scratch for it. I'm a revolver guy. I'm a Colt revolver guy. Only by breed not by need. Smiths and Ruger are just as fine but they all operate differently. It's a fine piece HatchetJack. Pass it to that grand girl and her grandpapa will always be with her. Mine is with me on my DS.

Thanks GaSouthSideRevolver! That's what I was hoping! Respect it, love it, keep it and SHOOT it!
When I was younger...much younger...and ready for my first handgun, I wanted a Colt Python like nobody's business. Let's say it was 1980ish. My dad,being the pragmatic man he was, bought me a Ruger Security Six. Now I love my Ruger. I am forever a Ruger guy. BUT that Python still haunts me and with the price of them has become my unicorn that I have resolved to the fact that I will never own. Out of reach now. And still THE sexiest firearm of all time on several levels...looks, feel, action and IMO the best handgun round ever.

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom