• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Colt Burgess Repeating Rifle. Help Please

Is the cleaning kit still in the stock. If it is that is extremely rare. I have only seen two in the 35 years I have been watching them with the cleaning kit

The gun looks to be in very good shape, they were only made between 1883 and 1885 with less than 6500 made. Winchester and Colt made a gentleman's agreement to stay out of each others market.

Unfortunately they are down in price from where they had been in the past. At one time they were bringing $20k to $25k. Today when I see them sell they are generally in the $8k - $9k range. But I have not seen many sell in years that look in as good of shape as your does.

I have one that is saddle worn and I am sure has a great history where your looks like it lived a gentleman's life. Lucky for you it is now worth more
Wow, thanks

I have seen these selling between 2000.00 to 6000.00 around the old gun markets.
I have seen one in similar condition for sale for 8000.00 but I can not say if it sold at that price or not.
I am no expert on these rifles and I am just stating what I have seen these go for in the last year.
That is the best info I can give on these rifles.
The one for 1800.00 that just sold was in not great condition but the one that sold for 5800.00 recently looks just like the one JohnnyPlant JohnnyPlant has Posted.
so that is what I know about these.
as stated before get a real Expert to look at it and insure it.
I as of now do not know anyone who can do that for you.

I have seen these selling between 2000.00 to 6000.00 around the old gun markets.
I have seen one in similar condition for sale for 8000.00 but I can not say if it sold at that price or not.
I am no expert on these rifles and I am just stating what I have seen these go for in the last year.
That is the best info I can give on these rifles.
The one for 1800.00 that just sold was in not great condition but the one that sold for 5800.00 recently looks just like the one JohnnyPlant JohnnyPlant has Posted.
so that is what I know about these.
as stated before get a real Expert to look at it and insure it.
I as of now do not know anyone who can do that for you.
Thank you I appreciate all the insight from all of y'all. I really do, thanks again

Back
Top Bottom