• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Colt Expanse upper $225 free shipping

Unless Colt spills the beans, we probably won't ever "know".

With the OEM 6920 lines getting as cheap as they are, I am not sure I really care who makes these as you can get their regular model for just a few bucks more. I am sure a majority of us have enough parts -> TG, stock, grip, forearms, and rear sight, to complete one for little to nothing as well.

Hell, they even put the low mass hammers in the Expanse, could their have been THAT much savings over a normal hammer??

With the OEM 6920 lines getting as cheap as they are, I am not sure I really care who makes these as you can get their regular model for just a few bucks more. I am sure a majority of us have enough parts -> TG, stock, grip, forearms, and rear sight, to complete one for little to nothing as well.

Hell, they even put the low mass hammers in the Expanse, could their have been THAT much savings over a normal hammer??

Guy sitting next to me right now, wanted his first AR. I recommended the 6920 if he was fine with a m4gery(he was in the AF), or the OEM if he wanted different furniture. I told him we could probably get him one for $800, just let me know. Two weeks later he told me he got a Colt for $799, Where? The gun store in Douglasville. That's not a Colt, you bought an Expanse. He said no, they told me xxx. I said if it doesn't have the m4 barrel profile and a bayo lug, they lied to you.

I like Colt, recommend them all the time to people looking for a basic AR, but screw them for selling this abortion. It will cost them in the long run.

I was also with a guy looking for an AR at the Savannah gun show, pre election. Three tables had the Expanse, but I'm guessing the 6920s were being held for the election in a couple weeks. All three were selling it as just as good or even better, one said the heavy profile barrel was superior and would last longer the one on the 6920.

Guy sitting next to me right now, wanted his first AR. I recommended the 6920 if he was fine with a m4gery(he was in the AF), or the OEM if he wanted different furniture. I told him we could probably get him one for $800, just let me know. Two weeks later he told me he got a Colt for $799, Where? The gun store in Douglasville. That's not a Colt, you bought an Expanse. He said no, they told me xxx. I said if it doesn't have the m4 barrel profile and a bayo lug, they lied to you.

I like Colt, recommend them all the time to people looking for a basic AR, but screw them for selling this abortion. It will cost them in the long run.

I was also with a guy looking for an AR at the Savannah gun show, pre election. Three tables had the Expanse, but I'm guessing the 6920s were being held for the election in a couple weeks. All three were selling it as just as good or even better, one said the heavy profile barrel was superior and would last longer the one on the 6920.

Wow at that last part.

I recommend them as well ALL THE TIME. One of my former WH employees wanted an AR. Told him about the 6920 OEM and even offered to loan/give him furniture for it to see what he liked and disliked. Talked about it 3-4 times, fit his budget perfectly. The following weekend....told me he bought a S&W Sport II because the shop said it was their best seller....I really give up sometimes.

I see some AR things on here, and am at the point I just tell my self, it's just not worth it. Too many "AR parts are AR parts" folks on here now. I am out of ****s to give to try and share things with people who just don't care.

I nearly ignored this thread as well.

there was a youtube video of a former colt armorer (formerly employed by the company) breaking down the differences between this and a 6920.

if i recall, there were very few parts that he recognized as being possibly the same. none of the critical parts fit into this category like the barrel or the bcg.

agreed on the furniture-less 6920 oem model 2 (have seen prices in the sub $700 range) as being the way to go vs. anything that says "expanse" or "competition"

i actually considered one of these (the oem-2) before determining that i wanted a mid-length setup offered by bcm or daniel defense.

the new colt ccu carbine would be another option although i was looking for a 14.5" barrel pinned. these run in the $1100 to $1300 range but they offer many nice upgrades like the centurion hand guard and magpul furniture (i'm kind of like "meh" on magpul as i prefer the bcm grip and stock).

The 6920 oem is $650+tax at Georgia Store, they have a complete set of camo Magpul furniture (Moe) that includes a mag, MVG, trigger guard, pistol grip, carbine handguards, and MOE stock for $60 there as well. You can literally walk out with a legit complete Colt 6920 for $710+tax. Do it!

there was a youtube video of a former colt armorer (formerly employed by the company) breaking down the differences between this and a 6920.

if i recall, there were very few parts that he recognized as being possibly the same. none of the critical parts fit into this category like the barrel or the bcg.

agreed on the furniture-less 6920 oem model 2 (have seen prices in the sub $700 range) as being the way to go vs. anything that says "expanse" or "competition"

i actually considered one of these (the oem-2) before determining that i wanted a mid-length setup offered by bcm or daniel defense.

the new colt ccu carbine would be another option although i was looking for a 14.5" barrel pinned. these run in the $1100 to $1300 range but they offer many nice upgrades like the centurion hand guard and magpul furniture (i'm kind of like "meh" on magpul as i prefer the bcm grip and stock).
Chris Bartocci is the guy you're referring to. The guy is a small arms encyclopedia.

Oh well, I love my expanse ii. I don't plan on putting 70,000 rounds a year through it. It was 624$ out the door at AO and got a free tru glo and an extra mag from the rebate center. For the price range, I believe it was the best in the category at the time. Then Ruger dropped their price to 459$. But I'm still pleased

Back
Top Bottom