137   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Colt Gold Cup Trophy Accuracy

Zip Code: 30536

Item is for: Sale/Trade NOT SPECIFIED

Caliber: 45 ACP

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Just wanted to Comment on this. I recently traded for a 2002 Colt GCT 45 back in December. The Gun looked to be unfired in like new in box condition. Trigger seemed very nice with great crisp break. I fired the gun and it seemed more accurate than what I am accustomed to. I have had no failures and have shot mostly 200 grain reloads. I have owned many nice firearms like Wilson, Ed Brown, Les and many colts including Gold Cups and I currently have a 70 Series and a Centennial 100 year Gold Cup. This is the most accurate handgun I have ever shot and was just curious if anyone has ever come accross a handgun that just seems like it is the most accurate gun you have ever shot. I have been very impressed by this Gold Cup and it is definitely a Keeper.

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Colt put a lot of effort lately to the barrel/bushing fit and how tight it is in the slide. It is just under needing a wrench, but at lockup, it is spot on.

I have experienced what you did, as well.

Colt put a lot of effort lately to the barrel/bushing fit and how tight it is in the slide. It is just under needing a wrench, but at lockup, it is spot on.

I have experienced what you did, as well.
Great to Hear. This one just seems to shoot like some of the High end 1911s on the market. Unexpected.

This will make the 1911 crowd cringe, but my 8 3/8 Smith 629 loaded with cast boolits will deliver groups better than some rifles. My Glock 40 shooting .40 instead of 10mm, copper plated loads will absolutely outperform any other non .22 semiauto that I have ever fired while I am squeezing the trigger. That being said, the 1911 is still my all time favorite.

This will make the 1911 crowd cringe, but my 8 3/8 Smith 629 loaded with cast boolits will deliver groups better than some rifles. My Glock 40 shooting .40 instead of 10mm, copper plated loads will absolutely outperform any other non .22 semiauto that I have ever fired while I am squeezing the trigger. That being said, the 1911 is still my all time favorite.
The 629 is a nice gun. I have the 629-1 3 inch Lew Horton and love it. I also still like the 40 caliber and its a great caliber if you reload especially. The 40 gets a bad rap but I would not be without one. Thanks for the comments.

What are your loads for the 629 and the 40 caliber?

Browning bdm was one if the most accurate guns for me. I also shoot the sig 226 well but with a browning bdm I literally hit a nail on the head with 1 shot . After Shooting the bullseye out of a target. I wanted to see if I could hit the nail holding the paper target up

I have quite a few Colt 1911s, they All shoot very well. But my unbelievably accurate gun is a Browning hi power star of David… The first three shots I took with it, I thought I missed the target completely. Closer inspection showed three holes touching each other in the black of the bulls eye...Very accurate older gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom