137   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Colt Gold Cup Trophy Accuracy

Zip Code: 30536

Item is for: Sale/Trade NOT SPECIFIED

Caliber: 45 ACP

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Just wanted to Comment on this. I recently traded for a 2002 Colt GCT 45 back in December. The Gun looked to be unfired in like new in box condition. Trigger seemed very nice with great crisp break. I fired the gun and it seemed more accurate than what I am accustomed to. I have had no failures and have shot mostly 200 grain reloads. I have owned many nice firearms like Wilson, Ed Brown, Les and many colts including Gold Cups and I currently have a 70 Series and a Centennial 100 year Gold Cup. This is the most accurate handgun I have ever shot and was just curious if anyone has ever come accross a handgun that just seems like it is the most accurate gun you have ever shot. I have been very impressed by this Gold Cup and it is definitely a Keeper.

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
I have quite a few Colt 1911s, they All shoot very well. But my unbelievably accurate gun is a Browning hi power star of David… The first three shots I took with it, I thought I missed the target completely. Closer inspection showed three holes touching each other in the black of the bulls eye...Very accurate older gun.
Love the HPs.

Item Name: Colt Gold Cup Trophy Accuracy

Zip Code: 30536

Item is for: Sale/Trade NOT SPECIFIED

Caliber: 45 ACP

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Just wanted to Comment on this. I recently traded for a 2002 Colt GCT 45 back in December. The Gun looked to be unfired in like new in box condition. Trigger seemed very nice with great crisp break. I fired the gun and it seemed more accurate than what I am accustomed to. I have had no failures and have shot mostly 200 grain reloads. I have owned many nice firearms like Wilson, Ed Brown, Les and many colts including Gold Cups and I currently have a 70 Series and a Centennial 100 year Gold Cup. This is the most accurate handgun I have ever shot and was just curious if anyone has ever come accross a handgun that just seems like it is the most accurate gun you have ever shot. I have been very impressed by this Gold Cup and it is definitely a Keeper.
I would never sell that Colt, keep it under lock & key! i love those Colts as well!

What are your loads for the 629 and the 40 caliber?

My 629 really likes 310gr cast gas checked, lubed with alox or powder coated, charged with 296, and Federal lmmp. I use straight clip on wheel weights. It also likes powder coated cast 240s, Federal lpp, and AA#5. Everything is sized to .430.
For .40, I use extreme plated bullets 180 grain, CCI spp, and charge with Longshot, or HS-6. It is my experience that the slower end of appropriate for caliber powders and full diameter boolits deliver the goods from full length handguns.

THe two most accurate centerfire multi-shot handguns I've ever used were a '70s series Colt Gold Cup...
... and a late 1980's vintage Taurus 92 (with 124 gr. ammo).
Both were more accurate than I can hold and see with iron sights.

THe two most accurate centerfire multi-shot handguns I've ever used were a '70s series Colt Gold Cup...
... and a late 1980's vintage Taurus 92 (with 124 gr. ammo).
Both were more accurate than I can hold and see with iron sights.

I'm glad SOMEBODY has had good results with a Series '70 GCNM- -I bought one from my Dad in about '75 or '76 that had to have been built on Monday by a guy with a HANGOVER, or on Friday by a guy who had already STARTED on his hangover!

Wouldn't group worth a darn, even with Federal "Softball" Match Ammo--We had a family friend who had been on the All-Army Pistol Team in the '60's and was STILL a "Hard-Holder", and he couldn't get it to group, either... :(

Best-grouping centerfire Handgun I've ever fired was a Model 29-2 with the 8 & 3/8" Barrel--Traded that POS Gold Cup & $200 for the Smith--If I told you the kinda' groups I got with that 29-2, standing on my hind feet, you'd think I was exaggerating--But it did "Shoot Like A Rifle"...

Honorable mention goes to a Third-Gen Glock 17L with Dawson Adjustable Sights and a PRIMO mikey357 Trigger Job--Shot my only 500x500 on the original (Hard) GSSF Indoor Match course of fire with that one!

My 629 is a performance center, it's wearing a Nikon, and rests on an Atlas style bipod. I might be able to get results like that with another handgun set up the same way, but I won't try. My particular revolver must have been assembled on Wednesday, by a guy who just got a raise and was named employee of the month. All that being said, it will only ignite Federal primers %100, and really shines with cast, not jackets bullets.

I don’t shoot much for groups on paper. Most of my shooting is with my son at our river property. We like to throw tennis balls or pine cones upriver and then shoot at them as they pass by. Ranges are 15 to 50 yards.

We start with our .22’s then bring out the striker fired 9mm’s like Glock 34’s or PPQ’s.

My son groans when I pull out the 70 series GCNM. Instead of tennis balls jumping in the air or moving sideways on hits...they usually just disappear on the first shot. That gun is crazy accurate...I actually think it is just the sweet trigger that makes hits so easy.

If you trade or buy pretty regularly every once in a while you will come across a gun that just defies logic why it shoots so well. Those guns you keep until you're sure you will never need again because I can assure you the odds of finding one that shoots that good again are practically mute. One doesn't realize this until he's been around a while. I know guns continue to get better as time goes on, but every once in a while you find one that is extra special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom