137   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Colt Gold Cup Trophy Accuracy

Zip Code: 30536

Item is for: Sale/Trade NOT SPECIFIED

Caliber: 45 ACP

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Just wanted to Comment on this. I recently traded for a 2002 Colt GCT 45 back in December. The Gun looked to be unfired in like new in box condition. Trigger seemed very nice with great crisp break. I fired the gun and it seemed more accurate than what I am accustomed to. I have had no failures and have shot mostly 200 grain reloads. I have owned many nice firearms like Wilson, Ed Brown, Les and many colts including Gold Cups and I currently have a 70 Series and a Centennial 100 year Gold Cup. This is the most accurate handgun I have ever shot and was just curious if anyone has ever come accross a handgun that just seems like it is the most accurate gun you have ever shot. I have been very impressed by this Gold Cup and it is definitely a Keeper.

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
I'm glad to hear good things about a new Colt 1911. Last time I talked to someone about a GCT they said it was a big disappointment and had to be sent back. This was from 2-3 years ago probably. If they have improved QC that is awesome. I really want to get a Colt handgun eventually like the GCT or Delta Elite.

If you trade or buy pretty regularly every once in a while you will come across a gun that just defies logic why it shoots so well. Those guns you keep until you're sure you will never need again because I can assure you the odds of finding one that shoots that good again are practically mute. One doesn't realize this until he's been around a while. I know guns continue to get better as time goes on, but every once in a while you find one that is extra special.
Absolutely. You are 100 percent correct.

I'm glad to hear good things about a new Colt 1911. Last time I talked to someone about a GCT they said it was a big disappointment and had to be sent back. This was from 2-3 years ago probably. If they have improved QC that is awesome. I really want to get a Colt handgun eventually like the GCT or Delta Elite.
Yea this one is actually a 2002 80 Series GCT but even with the 80 Series Drop safety the trigger is great. But its not just the trigger but the gun just is somehow inherently more accurate than usual. I don't think anything has been done to it because it was like a LNIB gun when I got it a few months ago, and supposedly never fired. But who knows. I think its just a gun that came out great from the factory. Even the Blueing is more like some of my Pythons, very deep blue.

Yea this one is actually a 2002 80 Series GCT but even with the 80 Series Drop safety the trigger is great. But its not just the trigger but the gun just is somehow inherently more accurate than usual. I don't think anything has been done to it because it was like a LNIB gun when I got it a few months ago, and supposedly never fired. But who knows. I think its just a gun that came out great from the factory. Even the Blueing is more like some of my Pythons, very deep blue.

Don't they have a custom shop? Perhaps it was run thru an accurizing shop at the factory, which could also explain the bluing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom