• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Colt Gold Cup Trophy vs Springfield Armory TRP - what to get?

So do tell, where are these bargain basement Ed Browns to be had?
I would tell you.....but then my honey hole would be compromised.

Seriously, check the auction sites and 1911 forums. I bought a lightweight Kobra Carry off a forum in January for 2K, it retails for over 3. A week later I bought a Special Forces for 1800 off an auction site. They sell at those prices regularly. When you have the cash start searching and jump when you find a good price, if you dont a bunch of guys will.

Do the TRP. Those guns are no joke. Springfield makes a fine 1911. They have been making them seems like forever. They just shoot and keep shooting. My A1 Loaded had the best trigger I have ever felt on a 1911 and I have fired at least 10 other 1911's. I wish I had never sold mine. I will have another here in the near future. A gun collection isn't complete unless it has a Springfield 1911 in it. The A1 Loaded or better and The TRP definitely fits the bill.

Springfield TRP. I used a lightly modified TRP to get my USPSA GM. I beat plenty of guys using Wilsons and such, so they'll hang.

Check out a Colt Special Combat Government. I have one and it exceeds my shooting skills. I just looked on gun broker and saw a slightly used buy it now 1500..00. Love mine. Can't beat a range officer or a loaded for half the money. Patience will prolly land you a Thunder Ranch in the 1800 range. Any more than that, your just showing off IMHO. Ain't nutin wrong with that. I got several I like to show off. Proud to own them

You would only be adding aesthetics with the TPR. The loaded trophy match with the front strap checkered and ajustable sights will do everything you want it to at almost half the cost. It comes in stainless so you will not have a problem with corrosion after the coating wears. You can buy a high dollar 1911 but all you are doing is showing off like a previous post said. It is really hard to beat a A1 Loaded Trophy Match. You would hard pressed to to buy a gun that would out perform that gun in functionality, accuracy and reliability. They are around the 1,200 mark and that's MSRP so you could find one a little less than that. That gun will run with the best of them. I guarantee it!

That new Gold Cup you have pictured is very nice. I have 3 Gold Cups a 70 Series, 80 Series and a 100 Anniversary model. This new one has front strap checkering and is 70 Series Action as well. I am very interested in this new Gold Cup and it also comes in 9MM. All my Gold Cups function perfectly and are very accurate. Colts are always a good investment.

A Les Bear is going to be a more accurate gun. You could take a Springfield and put a Nowlin match barrel and bushing for around 300 bucks and I would imagine it would hang with a Les Bear. We have to take into consideration that the Les Bear starts out at around 2200 for a base model and go all the way up to 7,000 dollars. I mean come on here guys lets stay on the same page here.

Back
Top Bottom